Immediate help for next season

5 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

This seems good for at least one of them to end up here if not both.  Mack was supposed to be St. John's PG of the future with Ponds going pro.

Could explain MAW reopening his commitment. Coach could've said something like "Look we'd love to have you but we also got another PG coming who has 3 years left and we like him alot too."

Man, Buffalo is just getting smoked right now. 3 JUCO guys and 1 freshman booking now.

Noah Williams- 6'5 Guard- 3 star out of Seattle.

James Rojas(JUCO)- 6'7 Forward

Durey Cadwell(JUCO)- 6'5 SG

Andre Allen(JUCO)- 6'9 Forward

I assume all take a hard look at Bama but no idea how many spots they have open.

1 minute ago, khoock said:

Could explain MAW reopening his commitment. Coach could've said something like "Look we'd love to have you but we also got another PG coming who has 3 years left and we like him alot too."

If Jervay Green lived in New England we would have taken a plane to go there first, right?  He's obviously not as high of a priority as a dude like Green a guy like Arop who is an hour away but are we really in a position to start actively telling guys to get lost when it's potentially a slug to fill scholarships for this year? I doubt MAW commits to us until we fly out there and who knows when that will be.

Just now, hhcmatt said:

If Jervay Green lived in New England we would have taken a plane to go there first, right?  He's obviously not as high of a priority as a dude like Green a guy like Arop who is an hour away but are we really in a position to start actively telling guys to get lost when it's potentially a slug to fill scholarships for this year? I doubt MAW commits to us until we fly out there and who knows when that will be.

I was under the impression that someone from the staff had already visited with him. I wasnt trying to imply that we told him to get lost. More so that they were upfront and honest about what their plan was and who they were bringing with them. MAW might not be thrilled about a top rated JUCO PG coming in who is only one year his elder eligibilty wise.

Just a theory.

3 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Half their team entered the transfer portal when they fired Johnson

Some might stay after they hired Oats.

SG- John Petty-- Removed his name from the transfer portal and is staying. 

PG-Kira Lewis-- Apparently being sold hard to stay

G- Dazon Ingram-- Apparently fought with a Bama football player/ looks to be gone. 

C-Daniel Giddens-- Went from Ohio State to Bama and rumors say he might go back to Ohio State

Looks like they might only have 1-2 schollies open. https://www.tidesports.com/alabama-basketball-scholarship-tracker/

Mack said the departure of Abdelmassih, his lead recruiter and, according to sources, the only St. John’s coach he had a strong relationship with, played a factor in his decision. But Mack also wasn’t sure how long Mullin, who has two years left on his contract, would be at St. John’s, even though the head coach told him he had no plans to go anywhere.

“This was a very, very hard decision,” Mack said. “I honestly don’t know where I want to go. I’m going to start the process again. I would still consider going back there. I want to make sure I know what’s going on first.”

https://nypost.com/2019/04/05/st-johns-recruit-asks-to-be-released-from-commitment/amp/

25 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

He's a +++ athlete. Has good court vision, finds guys in the middle of the helter skelter. High flying dunker.  Doesn't show him shooting a lot so that must not be a strength.

I thought I read somewhere that said he was a 50% 3-pt shooter.  Seems unreal if true.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

He's a +++ athlete. Has good court vision, finds guys in the middle of the helter skelter. High flying dunker.  Doesn't show him shooting a lot so that must not be a strength.

Can you imagine an explosive backcourt with Mack and Green? 

Imagine how many dishes Roby would get from a slasher to the hoop like Mack too!

I hope these players have an idea of the fan support they will have here!

After playing in sparsely attended gyms throughout their JUCO year, THE VAULT will knock their socks off.

Edited by 1HuskerDad

It must be a rule-thing of some type: a committed recruit or current player NOT following a coach to the coach’s new team.  

For example:

Xavier Johnson and Kenya Hunter were both adamant that Johnson would not follow Hunter;

The South Dakota Coach now at UNLV declared that the South Dakota recruit would not be following him to UNLV;

Cam Mack declares that he will not be going to Nebraska.

No player or recruit followed Tim Miles to Nebraska from Colorado St.

Etc.

This must be in the NCAA rule book or a common and enforceable clause in coaching contracts?

Edited by Swan88

2 hours ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Article shared in Jervay thread says cam Mack already said he isn’t coming to Nebraska...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sure theres some type of violation if he says hes going to Nebraska. He requested his LOI release but it has not yet been granted. If he says hes going to Nebraska that makes it seems like Matty A was recruiting him before he was released from the LOI. Idk the rules but im sure that would be some type of recruiting violation. Someone can correct me if im wrong.

I'd be surprised if we dont atleast get a look.