Immediate help for next season

1 hour ago, MichHusker said:

Don’t think that’s the case anymore. Micah Potter I believe mid year transferred this year from Ohio State to Wisconsin. Plus you had the grad transfer that went from Michigan to OSU we all kinda wanted a few years back. Can’t remeber the name 

I’m not sure how it works but I believe potter is playing this year for Wisconsin and he was not a grad transfer 

14 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I’m not sure how it works but I believe potter is playing this year for Wisconsin and he was not a grad transfer 

He's not playing this year. He transferred mid-season but didn't play a minute for Ohio St this year.

He'll definitely be eligible mid-season next year and they'll apply for a waiver for him to play the entire year.

18 hours ago, MichHusker said:

Don’t think that’s the case anymore. Micah Potter I believe mid year transferred this year from Ohio State to Wisconsin. Plus you had the grad transfer that went from Michigan to OSU we all kinda wanted a few years back. Can’t remeber the name 

Andrew Dakich. You never wanna pull a Dakich. Michigan to OSU. Beyond bold. 

6 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Andrew Dakich. You never wanna pull a Dakich. Michigan to OSU. Beyond bold. 

That's not the guy I was thinking of, but the guy I was thinking of actually didn't go Michigan to OSU. He went Michigan to Indiana. Max Bielfeldt

47 minutes ago, ShortDust said:

You’re right Norm. He’s headed out with Matt I presume to re-recruit the current commits.

He said he was "excited" about Miles' recruiting class, which I think would be pretty high praise. And an indication that Miles didn't leave him a dumpster fire situation like what Fred walked into in Ames.

Just now, Art Vandalay said:

If he keeps Green in the mix and Roby comes back we will have some talent. Burke, Green, Harris, Roby would be a nice nucleus if you get another stretch 4/5 and 1-2 shooters we would be exciting to watch. 

Well, a lot of us have said that a backcourt consisting of the players Miles collected would be a pretty competitive backcourt for next year.

We're talking Thomas Allen, Jervay Green, Dachon Burke, and Mika Adams-Woods.  

Not sure where Amir Harris (no jumper) and Thor (no jumper) fit into a Hoiberg system.  I actually think, if Karrington Davis can just get healthy, that his skillset is a lot more in line with what Hoiberg is going to want.

But he's going to need at least one big man even if Roby stays, and 2 if he doesn't. Grad transfers are probably the best place to look at this point.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Well, a lot of us have said that a backcourt consisting of the players Miles collected would be a pretty competitive backcourt for next year.

We're talking Thomas Allen, Jervay Green, Dachon Burke, and Mika Adams-Woods.  

Not sure where Amir Harris (no jumper) and Thor (no jumper) fit into a Hoiberg system.  I actually think, if Karrington Davis can just get healthy, that his skillset is a lot more in line with what Hoiberg is going to want.

But he's going to need at least one big man even if Roby stays, and 2 if he doesn't. Grad transfers are probably the best place to look at this point.

Agreed I was one of those people as well, was not including TA because I figured he was gone. Someone with athleticism and open court skills like Harris should have a roll. He wants to play fast and Harris would be fun in an up tempo open court system i think. Davis, who knows, hopefully he gets back to 100%. Fred also mentioned some player he previously coached not being a shooter but they improved him to the point of being a 3 pt threat. He said it is an area they can help which is music to my ears so I still am hoping Harris sticks around.

Edited by Art Vandalay

13 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

He said he was "excited" about Miles' recruiting class, which I think would be pretty high praise. And an indication that Miles didn't leave him a dumpster fire situation like what Fred walked into in Ames.

Iowa State had a pretty good roster with MacD...it just all left and time will tell if that happens here. Hoiberg is a set up a lot better to rebuild a roster here though.

38 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Iowa State had a pretty good roster with MacD...it just all left and time will tell if that happens here. Hoiberg is a set up a lot better to rebuild a roster here though.

Agreed.  From what I have heard is after the Wesley Johnson incident he changed how he treated some of his players and lost the locker room.  It was good for Mac and ISU to go in a different direction.  They struck gold with Fred.  I hope we have as well!