Fred Hoiberg

On 3/29/2019 at 12:41 PM, Mr. Red said:

Ah HHC... It seems like just yesterday we had our pitchforks and torches ready about the Bill Moos trip for his sons spring game at Cal.  Not calling anyone out or stirring things up, it's just interesting to see how the interests of one's son are perceived, even thought the situations are both very similar and very different!

Eh part of the fan base has a weird dislike for Moos. I love the guy.

Unfortunately have heard some rumors from a source that it wasn't as cut and dry as it looks.  Should probably be thankful that we have Fred if you were 100% that he was coming here.  Also worries me hearing this that he could jump ship at the first big thing to come along.

Can I ask where you all heard that Fred was on vacation all of last week?  I am hearing otherwise.

8 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Can I ask where you all heard that Fred was on vacation all of last week?  I am hearing otherwise.

He was on vacation a few weeks earlier, not last week

Also worries me hearing this that he could jump ship at the first big thing to come along.

We'll know when the contract is released because the buyout matters a lot more than the years left.

19 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Unfortunately have heard some rumors from a source that it wasn't as cut and dry as it looks.  Should probably be thankful that we have Fred if you were 100% that he was coming here.  Also worries me hearing this that he could jump ship at the first big thing to come along.

Yes he was on vacation

27 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Last Tuesday.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Whom to believe.......

A. Who you are hearing from

B. Fred's wife's instagram account with picture on vacation

C. ESPN's story: "Hoiberg is currently on vacation, but is expected to return for Michigan State's NCAA tournament game Friday"

D. Both B and C.

Think I'll go with D. 

22 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

Whom to believe.......

C. ESPN's story: "Hoiberg is currently on vacation, but is expected to return for Michigan State's NCAA tournament game Friday"

D. Both B and C.

Think I'll go with D. 

Just reporting what I heard.

31 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

Whom to believe.......

D. Both B and C.

Think I'll go with D. 

B and D aren't right because that instagram stuff is from the first week of March.  Depending on how you look at it I guess Fred was on vacation from Dec 3rd, 2018 to March 30th, 2019

Just now, hhcmatt said:

B and D aren't right because that instagram stuff is from the first week of March.  Depending on how you look at it I guess Fred was on vacation from Dec 3rd, 2018 to March 30th, 2019

That's "unplanned" vacation right?  If so, it's more like personal time off.  ?

1 hour ago, nustudent said:

A.  If he was gonna jump at the first big thing, he would’ve just taken the UCLA job.   

B.  In the event he does leave, that probably means he left the program better than he found it 

C.   This has been done for a while.   

A.  Yep.  You are along the lines in what I heard was going on behind the scenes.

B.  I sure hope so and think that if he stays long enough, he sure can.

C.  Not from the information that I am hearing.

A.  Yep.  You are along the lines in what I heard was going on behind the scenes.

B.  I sure hope so and think that if he stays long enough, he sure can.

C.  Not from the information that I am hearing.

From Henry J. Cordes book, "Devaney Birth of a Dynasty" page 10;  (yep, hardcover, you gen xers,) "Bob, if you come here and win, you'll never be sorry," says Regent Clarence Swanson, a former Husker All-American.  "These people want to win that much."

What was true in 1962 about Nebraska football, is more than true about Nebraska basketball in 2019. 

Why wouldn't Fred want to be the Bob of Nebraska basketball?  If I had his history with this university, I sure would put it high on my list of priorities.

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Nope, the photo was in an instagram story that was posted that week and is gone now. I know there were some vacation photos from early March but that was different (must be nice to be wealthy). 

12 hours ago, GoBigFred said:

Nope, the photo was in an instagram story that was posted that week and is gone now. I know there were some vacation photos from early March but that was different (must be nice to be wealthy). 

I apparently haven’t been playing close enough attention to understand why we were concerned whether he was on vacation at some point. Anyone care to bring me up to speed? 

25 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I apparently haven’t been playing close enough attention to understand why we were concerned whether he was on vacation at some point. Anyone care to bring me up to speed? 

At this point of time it doesn't really matter. During HOIBERG WATCH it matter in a sense because what FH vacationing or was he out looking at other jobs or whatever.  Going forward if Hoiberg's wife takes a picture of a bird that happened to land nearby and if that bird is a bluejay there is probably a 20 page post here about this, right? ?

On 3/27/2019 at 9:32 AM, Norm Peterson said:

Cyclone fans are not happy about this potentially going down.  Here's a comment from someone with nearly 4,600 posts (and mostly up-arrows) over on the Cyclone Fanatic board:

By the way, that thread on CycloneFanatic is now over 104 pages long (2082 posts) and is the 9th longest thread OF ALL TIME on their hoops message board.  Chances are very good it will get to 8th by the end of the press conference today.  If you combine posts from related threads (such as "Suggestions for a new Hoiberg nickname" and "Thoughts on Runzas" among others) it would probably already be in 7th place, which is around 2600 posts.