Fred Hoiberg

50 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

No. It would be like Scott going to the NFL and failing and then going to Iowa state to be their football coach while we are stuck with a guy taking us to the Alamo and outback bowl every year after Scott had just missed taking us to the college football playoff because Adrian Martinez broke his foot in the B1G championship game.

I understand their feelings a little. It would be sad to see you beloved player/coach go somewhere else and be stuck with a mediocre guy that isn’t half the coach your ex was.

Lol love the back handed comment.  ;) 

1 hour ago, HoiBall said:

What does that have to do with me coming on here a month ago telling you Fred was interested and possibly going to be our coach?

My comment was a little tongue in cheek, but some of you guys just can’t let someone know more than you.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

No, I'm serious. Take a bow. You had the goods.

Just remember, though, nobody bats a thousand....

image.png

In my profession we refer that as changes over time.  In 2017 that might have been 100% true for Fred.

In 2018 Fred must have reflected in how freaking awesome it would be to coach at Nebraska.  Or possibly watching his kid play in the college environment may have revved up his engine.  

Regardless, who give a flying F?!?!  Fred’s here now!!!

3 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

The hatred cup runneth over: https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/on-supporting-the-mayors-decision-and-iowa-state-basketball.247277/

when is the the last time (outside of one of those top secret games) that Iowa State was even on our radar in Nebraska? 

Part of me now wants to get them in a home and home series....sooner the better. 

They talk about impeaching him, or his legacy is tarnished, or whatever.  Here's a question for you Iowa State fans:  What looks better on a resume:  Mayor of Ames or Governor of Husker Nation?  He's more beloved in Nebraska, right now, having never coached a game, than he ever was at Iowa State.  So, eat me!

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Spike the ball; take your victory lap.

I would like to say that someone on this board told @Huskerpapa and me that it was a locked-up, done deal that had nothing to do with the Bounds announcement back when you were hedging that the Bounds announcement could put a wrench in the plans.

If that person wants to come on here and take a bow, I'll leave it up to that person. But @Huskerpapa can verify that it's true.

Yes sir.  I can validate this to the enth degree.  

2 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:
3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Spike the ball; take your victory lap.

I would like to say that someone on this board told @Huskerpapa and me that it was a locked-up, done deal that had nothing to do with the Bounds announcement back when you were hedging that the Bounds announcement could put a wrench in the plans.

If that person wants to come on here and take a bow, I'll leave it up to that person. But @Huskerpapa can verify that it's true.

Yes sir.  I can validate this to the enth degree.  

By the way, that same individual also provided the names of the assistants.  

3 hours ago, khoock said:

Sounds like youre making Prohm seem like a much worse coach than he is?

Hes got 3 NCAAs (1 Sweet 16), 3 wins in those appearances, 2 Big 12 tourney titles, and 3 20+ win seasons.

Thats not far off from what Hoiberg accomplished.

He has already accomplished everything Hoiberg did. He also has recruited at a higher level.

6 minutes ago, GoClones said:

He has already accomplished everything Hoiberg did. He also has recruited at a higher level.

Fair enough. The only thing vastly different I see he has done is rebuilt the dumpster fire McDermott left. Whereas, Prohm took over a well oiled machine.

That being said, I am completely thrilled he is the new HC here at Nebraska.

Just now, khoock said:

Fair enough. The only thing vastly different I see he has done is rebuilt the dumpster fire McDermott left. Whereas, Prohm took over a well oiled machine.

That being said, I am completely thrilled he is the new HC here at Nebraska.

For sure. Fred also basically quit while in Ames, so if you have a fully committed Hoiberg without his NBA dreams it could really up what he can do in recruiting. NU fans should be ecstatic.

On 3/30/2019 at 4:49 PM, GoClones said:

Perspective is key. That's partially because Freddy left him a full cupboard. Hoiberg had to solve the issues that lead to a 16-16 first season... the guy before him was crap !!