Fred Hoiberg

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

Are you based in Iowa? It seems like a decent handful of others on this board are based out there as well. I'm sure Nebraska is just a small segment on their talk shows, but can't imagine the conversations that arise when the topic comes up.

Surprisingly, I guess, Nebraska talk is pretty tame in Iowa City except during the week of the game(s).

Well, there's that "friend" who keeps sending me teasing texts about the football team. Yesterday's gem quoted Frost talking about the scoreboard of life, and my "friend" tacking on the scores of the last four football games. Should I go to his birthday party tonight? It's a good bar and a good band, if that helps.

7 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Yeah didn't have much to say after VaTech kid missed that shot, because Zion got beat on that play.

Then Duke all joking around afterward. Should just shake hands and walk to the locker room and be happy how lucky you have been.

For real. Never have liked their white boy, tacky-ass classless style. 

Although a lot of ppl along with me have liked watching them THIS year, since Zion is so athletic. If it weren't for him, I'd hate their games as much as usual. 

23 hours ago, GATA said:

I can’t recall where I read/heard (maybe Gaskins interviewing Gary Sharp), but supposedly Hoiberg has already reached out to potential recruits. 

Very doubtful Fred reached out to recruits as that is very much not legal

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Very doubtful Fred reached out to recruits as that is very much not legal

I thought Huggins did that on his way to K-State with Beasley and OJ Mayo.  OJ ended up going to USC, though.

I guess talking about Huggins and legal doesn’t build much of an argument now that I think about it....

2 hours ago, jayschool said:

Surprisingly, I guess, Nebraska talk is pretty tame in Iowa City except during the week of the game(s).

Well, there's that "friend" who keeps sending me teasing texts about the football team. Yesterday's gem quoted Frost talking about the scoreboard of life, and my "friend" tacking on the scores of the last four football games. Should I go to his birthday party tonight? It's a good bar and a good band, if that helps.

Give him a turd pie. That'll solve that. ? ? ?