Fred Hoiberg

6 hours ago, tjp21 said:

Woj's sources come from the NBA, so I'm guessing that info is coming from the Hoiberg camp. The way it's worded makes me think it won't be announced or "finalized" until next week. Don't think Fred would want to overshadow his son's games this weekend.

IMO opinion it's best for all parties (NU / Hoiberg family) to wait until next week anyway.  Make it a story leading into Final Four weekend as opposed to getting drowned out by the games this weekend also eliminates the distraction for the younger Hoiberg while his games are being played.

If there's any chance of Fred being lured away (ie no ink on paper yet) then the contract and announcement needs to happen ASAP.

If we are in zero danger of losing him were a "better" job come available in the next few days, then I agree, announce it next week to honor Fred's time off, and time the announcement for maximum media buzz/timing

1 minute ago, AuroranHusker said:

I looked at about 2 and decided these ppl seem like a bunch of biased jags re: Ames > Lincoln being their mantra. srsly?!

No need to see any more "stuff" from the fools in north-central IA.

I’ve lived in Omaha, Lincoln and Des Moines. Des Moines was my favorite by a decent margin, with no slight to Omaha and Lincoln, which I think have improved greatly over the past 10 years. 

Ames is a joke by comparison. 

Just now, GATA said:

I’ve lived in Omaha, Lincoln and Des Moines. Des Moines was my favorite by a decent margin, with no slight to Omaha and Lincoln, which I think have improved greatly over the past 10 years. 

Ames is a joke by comparison. 

Ames is a dinky lil' town compared to the other three, for sure. Weirdos call themselves Cyclones, when it's clear "Tornadoes" would fit their tornadic activity.

1 hour ago, TimSmiles said:

the more mich st wins, the longer this will take. don't expect to hear anything until monday at the earliest.

Mich St winning past the elite 8 doesn't really matter to the timing of the announcement as every college coach is expected to be at the final 4 and the related activities.

Therefore, nobody will give FH crap for being at the final 4/watching his son's team.

If we had an announcement before this weekend, everybody would want/expect him immediately start talking to recruits, players, coaches, administrators, etc. rather than spending time  in Washington D.C.

That's a small thing for Fred to ask in this contract negotiation. It makes sense.

So, root for Mich St; it's good for the conference and Fred! Plus, I'm real tired of duke.

5 minutes ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

Yes, I think we're all at peace with the hoiweekend being a hoivacay. Its alright. 

Most of us, including me, are extremely on board with hating Duke. ? Or at least for the espn zion circle jerk to end. 

Yeah didn't have much to say after VaTech kid missed that shot, because Zion got beat on that play.

Then Duke all joking around afterward. Should just shake hands and walk to the locker room and be happy how lucky you have been.

9 hours ago, HoiBall said:

Des Moines radio has 2 hour sports talk shows and all they talk about is how mad they are he’s going to Nebraska. It’s like a psychology appointment for all of central Iowa.

Are you based in Iowa? It seems like a decent handful of others on this board are based out there as well. I'm sure Nebraska is just a small segment on their talk shows, but can't imagine the conversations that arise when the topic comes up.

9 hours ago, HoiBall said:

Des Moines radio has 2 hour sports talk shows and all they talk about is how mad they are he’s going to Nebraska. It’s like a psychology appointment for all of central Iowa.

People just need to realize he spent 3 seasons trying to get out of Ames, never wants to coach there again and Prohm has accomplished has much as Hoiberg and move on.

5 minutes ago, GoClones said:

People just need to realize he spent 3 seasons trying to get out of Ames, never wants to coach there again and Prohm has accomplished has much as Hoiberg and move on.

I like Iowa State and Aimes. My college choice came down to ISU and NU. I visited Aimes and thought it was a nice college town. I have a number of friends who went there and enjoyed it. I went over there every year to watch the Huskers and always enjoyed Hilton and a nice walking taco. 

I liked watching Dedric Willoughby and  Kelvin Cato play against the Huskers growing up, and I cheer for the Clones in the Big 12.

Prohm is a good coach, and it’s looking like we (hopefully) got one, too. I’d love to start an annual series with ISU. 

28 minutes ago, nebrasketball10 said:

I like Iowa State and Aimes. My college choice came down to ISU and NU. I visited Aimes and thought it was a nice college town. I have a number of friends who went there and enjoyed it. I went over there every year to watch the Huskers and always enjoyed Hilton and a nice walking taco. 

I liked watching Dedric Willoughby and  Kelvin Cato play against the Huskers growing up, and I cheer for the Clones in the Big 12.

Prohm is a good coach, and it’s looking like we (hopefully) got one, too. I’d love to start an annual series with ISU. 

I would like some series with Mizzou, NU or even CU.