Fred Hoiberg

Woj's sources come from the NBA, so I'm guessing that info is coming from the Hoiberg camp. The way it's worded makes me think it won't be announced or "finalized" until next week. Don't think Fred would want to overshadow his son's games this weekend.

IMO opinion it's best for all parties (NU / Hoiberg family) to wait until next week anyway.  Make it a story leading into Final Four weekend as opposed to getting drowned out by the games this weekend also eliminates the distraction for the younger Hoiberg while his games are being played.

Edited by tjp21

Just now, Klas3131 said:

How is life up there in that ivory tower?  Man, you sure can be condescending!  

I have ZERO issues with him going to watch Jack play.  I simply don't see the reason why THAT would be the only holdup to making the announcement.  It's not like it's going to be a distraction for Jack.  It may be a distraction that Fred doesn't want, which I get.  But it won't affect Jack's play.  Like Royal said, if a key starter was Fred's son, an announcement like that could be a distraction to his play.  It won't be for Jack.  

It is easy to say family is important to us, until that belief is tested. As a fan base we have been tested...twice, and have failed both times. Family seems to be important to us only as a means to virtual signal.

If FH is indeed our next coach then it will happen in due time. Whether it happens next week or the week after doesn't matter in the larger picture.

Everybody needs to R.E.L.A.X

5 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

It is easy to say family is important to us, until that belief is tested. As a fan base we have been tested...twice, and have failed both times. Family seems to be important to us only as a means to virtual signal.

If FH is indeed our next coach then it will happen in due time. Whether it happens next week or the week after doesn't matter in the larger picture.

Everybody needs to R.E.L.A.X

I'm sure some of these people just feel uneasy because nothing is final until the paperwork is done. We could easily get this dragged out and then the landscape changes, then we're looking for a new coach in August for a Doc Sadler to show up. Their concern is valid. Just hope this supposed "gentleman's agreement" other people are so confident in holds up, then things will just fall into place. If not, then who knows.

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

I'm sure some of these people just feel uneasy because nothing is final until the paperwork is done. We could easily get this dragged out and then the landscape changes, then we're looking for a new coach in August for a Doc Sadler to show up. Their concern is valid. Just hope this supposed "gentleman's agreement" other people are so confident in holds up, then things will just fall into place. If not, then who knows.

EXACTLY!!!  That is totally it!  How can we relax when it's Nebrasketball we're talking about?  When have things EVER worked out for us, especially something as big as this?