Fred Hoiberg

9 minutes ago, Ashfan said:

Freddie and the Dreamers was very odd band.

I learned something from this, though. I had no idea that a cover of this song was put out on a "Freddy Krueger" album I knew nothing about. And now I can't un-know that! :) 

51 minutes ago, tcp said:

I learned something from this, though. I had no idea that a cover of this song was put out on a "Freddy Krueger" album I knew nothing about. And now I can't un-know that! :) 

I didn't know that either. Hopefully it comes up in trivia somewhere, because at my age I know that fact crowded out another one in my brain.

Cyclone fans are not happy about this potentially going down.  Here's a comment from someone with nearly 4,600 posts (and mostly up-arrows) over on the Cyclone Fanatic board:

Look, it's not good for Iowa State basketball where a guy that we know is a great coach, with deep Iowa roots to be at Nebraska. We want them to suck, and they won't now most likely. Same for Iowa, same for Minnesota....etc. It is better for Iowa State if they suck. By the way, this is not good for Iowa or Creighton either. (You want to play for Fred, Greg or Fran? Easy question.)

6 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Cyclone fans are not happy about this potentially going down.  Here's a comment from someone with nearly 4,600 posts (and mostly up-arrows) over on the Cyclone Fanatic board:

I guess the old Big 12 rivalries are still strong with some people.  Since the move to the Big 10 I don't really have the same ill feelings toward those teams like I did when we were in that conference.

6 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Interesting reading, although I stopped at page 4. I don't have time at the moment to read 65 (yes 65!) pages of comments.  

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/hoiberg-to-huskers.246910/

These Clone-fan idiots who think ISU's home in stinkin' Ames, IA, is all that much better than Lincoln, NE, have probably never set foot in Lincoln, NE. Ames is a bung-hole compared to Lincoln.

? ? ?

Edited by AuroranHusker

I'm a CF poster and it's a 50 50 split seems of people still rooting for him and those who want him to fail. I actually grew up in Nebraska and was a Nebraska basketball fan so I dont have the same attachment to him.  I really dont think this will impact ISU.  Unless he changes his approach I dont think we will have too many recruiting battles. Assuming transfers will still be his thing he should look at Cam Lard who is transferring from ISU. Dude is a head case but has serious talent and is a good guy.

7 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

These Clone-fan idiots who think ISU's home in stinkin' Ames, IA, is all that much better than Lincoln, NE, have probably never set foot in Lincoln, NE. Ames is a bung-hole compared to Lincoln.

? ? ?

Note to self...don't visit Ames.  

7 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

? ? ?

Also having lived in both give me Ames any day of the week ?