Fred Hoiberg

1 minute ago, thrasher31 said:

Dachon Burke is one that I think leaves. Maybe Thomas Allen or Amir Harris. But yeah. We're bound to lose 1-2 guys

Burke is the least likely guy to leave unless he can get a waiver from the NCAA because otherwise he loses another year.

16 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Burke is the least likely guy to leave unless he can get a waiver from the NCAA because otherwise he loses another year.

That's going to be what he has to leap over. With the coach that got him to transfer here I could see it happening. Don't necessarily know how often this happens, but I would imagine it could make a strong case for a waiver. Just my 2c 

Edited by thrasher31

Just now, hskr4life said:

So either Moos is BSing or he isn't 1000% set on Hoiberg/Hoiberg isn't 1000% set on us.

My best guess is that the 7-14 day timeline was to allow Fred to enjoy watching his son and his son's team in the tournament and to not be a distraction.

37 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Dachon Burke is one that I think leaves. Maybe Thomas Allen or Amir Harris. But yeah. We're bound to lose 1-2 guys

Wouldn't Burke have to sit out another year then, without a redshirt left?  I was thinking this would lead to him being likely to stay, but maybe I don't have the rules right in my brain.  

EDIT should have read on further as Matt made this point already.  

Edited by royalfan

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

"The next coach would want to at least meet them."

Because he doesn't currently have a staff to bring with him from another school.

Sure. And he's gonna have a bunch of people interested in working with him. The assistants in Lincoln are also really good. I think he'd be wise to consider them.

There are staff members who would potentially follow Miles wherever he went next. And there are staff members who would have been looking to advance their own careers.  Miles was going to have to replace Lewis and Armon Gates sometime soon regardless of what happened this season.  I don't see them wanting to take the next step with Miles if a head coaching position were to come their way, and I'm sure that's what both of them would be looking for.

They might stay here to work with Hoiberg for a short period, I don't know.  But their objective was not to be assistant coaches for much longer.  I'm sure of that.