Fred Hoiberg

4 hours ago, Red Don said:

Good Points Norm!      I've always wondered about those who criticized Miles, referencing how much he was being paid.   Like they would be happier if only he were paid less.  :Lol:

And I can name one on here that bitched about it in every game thread.

3 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

Yup.....so glad we played in the NIT. I mean, what could go wrong with an extra week to make the obvious decision. ?

We'll see how things look in retrospect, but I'm getting the vibe that playing in the NIT or not had no bearing on getting our next coach.

It seems like it's either a "stall for time" or "we've got a mess in the administration to clean up" situation.

Just now, DOATHLON said:

Yup.....so glad we played in the NIT. I mean, what could go wrong with an extra week to make the obvious decision. ?

Obviously... it wasn't obvious in this situation... otherwise it would be a done deal.  Mad about how it went down so far?  Join the club!  Blame the guy who y'all want to build a statue of.

Just now, HuskerCager said:

Don't take my story as being anti-Moos, or anti-Hoiberg, Hoi.  I hope everything works out for everyone.

The intent was to inject a little humor while we wait.  And wait....

That sort of thing would only happen to teams who are 3 seeds in the NCAA tournament and still can't get the monkey off their backs...

18 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

That sort of thing would only happen to teams who are 3 seeds in the NCAA tournament and still can't get the monkey off their backs...

Sorry man but that’s still too soon.  Give it another decade and maybe I’ll be able to laugh about that night...

11 hours ago, DOATHLON said:

College basketball is the easiest sport to win in and it can be done the fastest because you only play with 5 players at a time. Nebraska has NEVER had a coach with a P5 resume like Fred. Never. Like never, ever. This is uncharted territory. 

That sort of casts a shadow on the work of John Cook. After all, the volleyball team only plays with six. Or is there some line of difficulty that happens past 5? Tennis or golf ought to be downright impossible to mess up.