3. Bill Self

4. Mark Few

5. Tom Izzo

6. Tony Bennett

7. Roy Williams

8. John Beilein

9. Fred Hoiberg

10. Chris Beard

Fred doesn't have the credentials some do because he's been in college for just 5 years. You put him at a blue blood for 10 years, he makes 2 Final 4's minimum. I don't think people understand what kind of coach he is. He knows X's and O's. His ability to find, develop, and put his players in the best position to succeed is one of the best in the country. He just doesn't have the years of data that everyone else does.

1. Coach K

2. Tom Izzo

3. Jay Wright

4. Roy Williams

5. John Beilein

6. Bill Self

7. Mark Few

8. Jim Boeheim(based on history)

9. Tony Bennett

10. Greg Marshall

Fred Hoiberg  is just outside, but I do feel he is definitely a Top 20 head coach.  He also has potential to move up the list as he is pretty young!

9 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

Living and raising a family in Alabama is why you really don't need to worry about Bama unless they hire the current ISU coach (which I don't think they will)

I get the impression he wouldn't be interested in working for Pollard again.  Some speculate his sour relationship with Pollard is why he ditched ISU for the NBA.

2 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

The difference between my statement and Bill is I've spent a significant amount of time in Birmingham. 

This is true. And I'm not saying Bill has a clue, but that's his perception.

What's Birmingham have to do with Tuscaloosa though? Or you're just saying "any city in Alabama"?

I've been to Auburn, Birmingham, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, and the likes as well. I'm not so sure what's that bad about them though.

Just now, HuskerFever said:

This is true. And I'm not saying Bill has a clue, but that's his perception.

What's Birmingham have to do with Tuscaloosa though? Or you're just saying "any city in Alabama"?

I've been to Auburn, Birmingham, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, and the likes as well. I'm not so sure what's that bad about them though.

Lincoln, Nebraska is going to feel a lot more like Ames, Iowa than anywhere in Alabama.

Lincoln and Ames are both farm-belt college towns with larger (but not huge), metropolitan communities (Omaha and Des Moines) nearby.

For a guy who was born in Lincoln, grew up in Ames, chose to stay close to home for college and eventually returned there to coach, Lincoln would be a much closer fit than Alabama.  At what point is money no longer the issue?