Fred Hoiberg

1 minute ago, HoiBall said:

All I have to say is I hope Nebraska fans understand what they’re getting in Hoiberg. A top 10 college coach. We better appreciate him while we have him

If Hoiberg thinks it would be useful to have a Navy Seal come show his team a thing or two about leadership, will Moos allow it? And how will you feel if Moos says no?

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

If Hoiberg thinks it would be useful to have a Navy Seal come show his team a thing or two about leadership, will Moos allow it? And how will you feel if Moos says no?

I’m guessing if we’re paying top 10 money for our basketball coach he will get to do what he likes within department policy.

It’s hilarious people are blaming the collapse of the season on Riggins. You guys are comical. Must be listening to too much Miles commentary.

14 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

I’m guessing if we’re paying top 10 money for our basketball coach he will get to do what he likes within department policy.

It’s hilarious people are blaming the collapse of the season on Riggins. You guys are comical. Must be listening to too much Miles commentary.

I don't know what might have been.  I wish we'd had an opportunity to see what might have been.  Maybe nothing would have been any different, but maybe it would have been.  We'll never know.

It didn't seem like an unreasonable thing for a coach to want to have and it cost the university nothing. At all.  And the only reason I've heard for why it was denied was because the staff psychologist felt his turf threatened and objected to it.

5 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

Man.  @Norm Peterson is the king of people saying things he actually didn’t say.

42 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

All I have to say is I hope Nebraska fans understand what they’re getting in Hoiberg. A top 10 college coach. We better appreciate him while we have him

I'm honestly curious who all is in your Top Ten. Because off the top of my head, I'd take all of these guys over Fred tomorrow (in no particular order):

1. Tony Bennett
  2. John Beilein
  3. Mark Few
  4. Bill Self
  5. Roy Williams
  6. Coach K
  7. Tom Izzo
  8. Jay Wright
  9. Rick Barnes
  10. Matt Painter
Edited by Shawn Eichorst's Toupee

2 minutes ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

I'm honestly curious who all is in your Top Ten. Because off the top of my head, I'd take all of these guys over Fred tomorrow (in no particular order):

1. Tony Bennett
  2. John Beilein
  3. Mark Few
  4. Bill Self
  5. Roy Williams
  6. Coach K
  7. Tom Izzo
  8. Jay Wright
  9. Rick Barnes
  10. Matt Painter

You can their in Chris beard if you want also. Leonard Hamilton too. Just off the top of my head

6 minutes ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

1. Tony Bennett
  2. John Beilein
  3. Mark Few
  4. Bill Self
  5. Roy Williams
  6. Coach K
  7. Tom Izzo
  8. Jay Wright
  9. Rick Barnes
  10. Matt Painter

I'll take Fred over Painter and Barnes. Especially Painter. Most of the other guys on that list could be retired in 5 years as well. 

3 hours ago, Borderpatroler said:

A much of possible fit Mile's comedy act would be at UNLV, he'd probably be run out of town when he doesn't win, just like he will here.

Some coaches aren't big-time.  Miles has shown that.

I would respond, but I’m literate, so I can’t.  

Fred Hoiberg vs. the Big Ten (not counting Nebraska, which was in the Big 12 when they played):

Date H/A/N Opponent (AP Rk) W/L PF PA Opp Final Record
Fri, Dec 10, 2010 @ Iowa W 75 72 11-22
Sat, Dec 3, 2011 @ Michigan (14) L 66 76 24-10
Fri, Dec 9, 2011   Iowa W 86 76 18-17
Fri, Dec 7, 2012 @ Iowa L 71 80 25-13
Sun, Mar 24, 2013 N Ohio State (7) L 75 78 29-8
Sun, Nov 17, 2013   Michigan (7) W 77 70 28-9
Fri, Dec 13, 2013   Iowa (23) W 85 82 20-13
Tue, Nov 25, 2014 N Maryland L 63 72 28-7
Fri, Dec 12, 2014 @ Iowa W 90 75 22-13

16 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Yep. MY Team, MY Coach. When the head guy is different, then we'll have to re-adjust. Until then, thanks for the fun season, Big Red. Wish a few B1G things were different, but I will always appreciate the 5 seniors on this squad. Special group. #GBRAlways

Until it is over I am still happy with who is here.. If it changes then I will make up my mind.. Most likely I will be okay with it.

But until that press conference...

17 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

I'll take Fred over Painter and Barnes. Especially Painter. Most of the other guys on that list could be retired in 5 years as well. 

Especially Painter? I dunno about that one... He's taken Purdue to 3 straight Sweet 16s and has finished in the top 4 of the Big Ten in 10/15 seasons. 

Also, I'm not entirely sure why nearing retirement would discount coaches from being on a Top Ten list. If we want to do Top Ten Coaches Who Will Still Be Coaching in 2025, we can. It's just not the list I was making.

Miles played in the post season 3 out of 7 years (2 NITs, 1 NCAA), finished 4th in the Big 10 twice in 7 years.

Bold Prediction: IF Hoiberg stays 7 years, he WILL NOT accomplish the same, and it WON'T be his fault. 

NU, as great and passionate as it is, is NOT a perenial basketball power.  You do not have to submit to what you've always been, but you have to accept who you are in the landscape of college basketball.

5 minutes ago, HuskerND said:

Miles played in the post season 3 out of 7 years (2 NITs, 1 NCAA), finished 4th in the Big 10 twice in 7 years.

Bold Prediction: IF Hoiberg stays 7 years, he WILL NOT accomplish the same, and it WON'T be his fault. 

NU, as great and passionate as it is, is NOT a perenial basketball power.  You do not have to submit to what you've always been, but you have to accept who you are in the landscape of college basketball.

Bullshit. Thats a steaming hot pile of apathy if ive ever heard it. 

5 minutes ago, HuskerND said:

Then why even try? The college basketball landscape changes all the time. Maybe the top 1% like duke and NC will always be there, but it’s pretty fluid. For 20 years Virginia was an average at best team. Now they are consistently one of the best in the country under Tony Bennett. You have teams like Mississippi State, Kansas State,  Virginia Tech, Texas Tech, and auburn as high seeds who aren’t traditional powerhouses. The right coach is everything