Fred Hoiberg

5 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

BTW Prohm's buyout is at least 3M as prior to the extension that boosted him to 2M per the buyout on his end was 50% of his remaining contract and he is signed through 2022.

It's possible after ISU saw Illinois buy out Underwood from Okie St that they upped that amount.  I haven't seen his current contract online anywhere though so I don't know.

From the Des Moines Register today (with a link to a story about the contract):

Prohm signed an amended contract in March 2017 that included $2 million per season, plus $50,000 raises each July. It’s through June 2022. The contract buyout, if Prohm were to leave before the contract expires, is around $3.5 million right now.

Interestingly this article was written by Randy Peterson. I don't know what he does or doesn't know, but this potentially paints his tweet the other day (yesterday? it's all kind of blurring together) in slightly different colors. Or not, I have no idea.

2 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I have no idea if this is true or not but I suspect it is from reading years of his articles. Sipple is a mouth piece for the university is the consensus. So if he is actually putting his name to an article with this info I am not concerned. Best I've got .

Like a squirrel eating corn... it's sweet corn, even. ?

21 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Former and current Nebraska assistants now have four times as many NCAA tournament wins as former and current Nebraska head coaches.

It's like when I lived in MN and all the T-Wolves castoffs, Longley, Spencer, Marshall, etc. would then win in the playoffs.

the deal is done. iowa st can't match the offer we have made nor would they want to.

they just won the big 12 with a 2 million dollar coach. they will go after someone like oats or musselman and pay half the price we are going to pay for hoiberg.

that's assuming prohm actually leaves.

Edited by TimSmiles

23 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

https://www.amestrib.com/sports/men-s-basketball-inside-times-troubled-relationship-between-hoiberg-s-cyclones-and-isu

Dredged up from an old thread from 2015.  Somebody, not necessarily Hoiberg, had an axe to grind for this story to get published.

Wow. agree someone has an axe to grind. But if even half that stuff in that article is true, Hoiberg will have no interest in returning to ISU under the current AD.

He'd especially have a difficult time attracting any decent assistants the second time around. Word about stuff like that travels in coaching circles quickly.

Also pretty clear, unless something dramatic has changed, ISU's AD couldn't afford Hoiberg now anyway. It's nice being a "have" instead of a "have not."

And even Doc gets a shout-out in the article. It's all coming together!

5 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

https://www.amestrib.com/sports/men-s-basketball-inside-times-troubled-relationship-between-hoiberg-s-cyclones-and-isu

Dredged up from an old thread from 2015.  Somebody, not necessarily Hoiberg, had an axe to grind for this story to get published.

I remember that story well... ISU usually does seem to get by, often receiving more with less resources.

But sometimes being stingy can backfire horrendously.

2 hours ago, reddan said:

Hearing this is done and contract to look something in the 7 year range 28 million plus incentives.  Part of the deal is to substantially increase assistant salaries. 

Yeah, that's been bandied about for a week or more already. Sure hope NU can lock down Freddy. This could be a real fun off-season for the Nebrasketball fandom.

Edited by AuroranHusker

On 3/20/2019 at 7:25 PM, LK1 said:

It’s a hell of a silver lining for Miles to be replaced by someone that good.  Seriously.  If that happens, and I’m making a hire, I’d take Miles over the next midmajor up and comer at a place like UNLV.  That would be a rad spot for TM to land.  

A much of possible fit Mile's comedy act would be at UNLV, he'd probably be run out of town when he doesn't win, just like he will here.

Some coaches aren't big-time.  Miles has shown that.