Fred Hoiberg

I know the end of Miles era is bitter sweet for everyone, but as I watch the NCAA tournament, I realize why it is time to make the move. I want to make sure I credit Miles, because I feel like he is a huge part of the reason why it's time to move into the next stage, he brought us from the basement to the door step. I'm watching Syracuse, Minnesota, Baylor, Seton Hall, Louisville, LSU, Maryland - Some having decent seasons per their standards, some of them have fans who want their coaches fired, despite where they find themselves on the 1st day of the NCAAs. It makes me believe, every 2-3 years, when Nebrasketball is at it's best, we should absolutely expect to be where these teams are currently at. We absolutely can be at a place where a 20-12 (9-11) record and a 2nd round exit isn't a ground breaking performance, but maybe even a little disappointing. It's finally time Nebrasketball enters the next stage. 

19 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I know the end of Miles era is bitter sweet for everyone, but as I watch the NCAA tournament, I realize why it is time to make the move. I want to make sure I credit Miles, because I feel like he is a huge part of the reason why it's time to move into the next stage, he brought us from the basement to the door step. I'm watching Syracuse, Minnesota, Baylor, Seton Hall, Louisville, LSU, Maryland - Some having decent seasons per their standards, some of them have fans who want their coaches fired, despite where they find themselves on the 1st day of the NCAAs. It makes me believe, every 2-3 years, when Nebrasketball is at it's best, we should absolutely expect to be where these teams are currently at. We absolutely can be at a place where a 20-12 (9-11) record and a 2nd round exit isn't a ground breaking performance, but maybe even a little disappointing. It's finally time Nebrasketball enters the next stage. 

That's the way it is. Nebrasketball--and the NU administration--needs to be serious about taking that next step. The Huskers have the resources to be better than Minny in the B1G, for sure.

Edited by AuroranHusker

6 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

Yes this seems like the only scenario that would throw a big curveball into the situation. However, I have heard Prohm will stay in Ames regardless

Don't worry, it's confirmed.

On 3/20/2019 at 8:25 PM, HoiBall said:

As I’m sure everyone here has deduced I can confirm Fred will be the next coach of Nebraska basketball. 1000% locked up. In my opinion, the biggest thing to happen to Nebraska basketball.

21 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

Maybe because they don't know each other well?

Your contention is that Bill Moos decided that last Thursday or Friday, despite having the last year + to do so, was the time to get to know Dana Altman better and that Altman willing and able to carve out a couple of hours in Vegas despite having under 24 hour time frames to prep for Utah or Arizona St. and they did this with no one noticing as there wasn't any sort of whispers.

While I"m sure Moos was working as an AD does when mobile doesn't it make a lot more sense that he just went to California to see his kid and that leaving earlier meant that he didn't have to run into Husker fans in Chicago hitting him up about the status of Miles?

image.png

I wonder if he calls this one "Huskers" because of the sweep hand-off action and/or the blocking action.

Guys are spaced on the corner and #13 is getting a head of steam towards the rim after the hand off. The "QB" in this situation will be rolling towards the rim in case his man doubles the "runner" and the "blocker" floats out to the top of the key for a 3 look.

1 minute ago, hhcmatt said:

image.png

I wonder if he calls this one "Huskers" because of the sweep hand-off action and/or the blocking action.

Guys are spaced on the corner and #13 is getting a head of steam towards the rim after the hand off. The "QB" in this situation will be rolling towards the rim in case his man doubles the "runner" and the "blocker" floats out to the top of the key for a 3 look.

Set for T. Fraz as a hoopster.

7 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Your contention is that Bill Moos decided that last Thursday or Friday, despite having the last year + to do so, was the time to get to know Dana Altman better and that Altman willing and able to carve out a couple of hours in Vegas despite having under 24 hour time frames to prep for Utah or Arizona St. and they did this with no one noticing as there wasn't any sort of whispers.

While I"m sure Moos was working as an AD does when mobile doesn't it make a lot more sense that he just went to California to see his kid and that leaving earlier meant that he didn't have to run into Husker fans in Chicago hitting him up about the status of Miles?

He did not go straight to the spring game. He made at least one stop on the way.

34 minutes ago, BugeaterZ said:

He did not go straight to the spring game. He made at least one stop on the way.

So, he visited someone other than Hoiberg even though he’s widely speculated to be our next coach? Is Dana a fallback option?

1 hour ago, unl said:

So, he visited someone other than Hoiberg even though he’s widely speculated to be our next coach? Is Dana a fallback option?

No idea who. The person who told me that said he stopped in Dallas and elsewhere (I can't remember where) on the way. He got that  straight from Moos.

I heard no other details except Moos said that we'll "know soon enough" what he was up to. None of this is remotely surprising. What would have been surprising is if anyone actually believed he needed more than 48 hours to get from Chicago to Cal's campus.

But the possibility of this falling through because the ISU job might come open explains it. Unlike Steve Pedersen,  Moos is prepared in case his first choice falls through. We won't be without a coach by this time next month.

5 minutes ago, MilesDavis said:

Not to be that sky is falling guy, but we're going to get screwed, aren't we? I mean it's been happening throughout the entire history of our program, why would we expect anything less.

What's our backup plan just in case? Miles? Matta? Turgeon? Smith? 

I know Miles loves it here, but you have to wonder at what point him and the staff want to be here with the way things have been handled so far by the administration.