Fred Hoiberg

18 minutes ago, KZRider said:

There is a Morandum of Understanding that could be signed. While not as binding as an actual contract it is more binding than a handshake. Parties can and have sued for damages based on broken MOUs. I have used them as a hiring tool - in a very different field - with good results. Better legal minds than I would certainly know more about their value in this situation.

Does anyone believe NU has already performed the legal work of a Memorandum of Understanding? That would be interesting, if it were so; considering NU has a head coach, as of today (and tomorrow), it would seem a bit uncouth for Nebraska to do it *now*. Maybe it's all verbal 'til it's a certain 'date' or somethin' -- spitballin' here.

Edited by AuroranHusker

5 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

This is the FBI, not the NCAA, doing the investigation. It's not remotely the same.

follow the thread, please. 

obviously the lack of initials F B and I in my post should indicate that I'm likely referring to something other than what you may or may not have written. 

16 hours ago, KZRider said:

There is a Morandum of Understanding that could be signed. While not as binding as an actual contract it is more binding than a handshake. Parties can and have sued for damages based on broken MOUs. I have used them as a hiring tool - in a very different field - with good results. Better legal minds than I would certainly know more about their value in this situation.

The MOU stuff can get messy. When Greg Schiano was hired and subsequently unhired as Tennessee football coach because the fan base didn't think he was good enough he didn't do his due diligence at Penn State, there was talk about how UT potentially owed him the value of his contract. I think it just died quietly in the night, but I'm not sure. 

I have no insight into Bill and Fred's conversations (if they happened), but Bill strikes me as someone who only gets lawyers involved when he has to.

6 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

At the end of the day if/when he cross the finish line it would not surprise me if Hoiberg insisted that Miles gets to finish out the season

If you think about it, this is as much of an opportunity for Miles to improve his resume for other job opportunities as it is letting him play out the season.

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

If you think about it, this is as much of an opportunity for Miles to improve his resume for other job opportunities as it is letting him play out the season.

One job that comes to mind if Miles wants to stay in the P5, Washington State. Moos probably still has connections, and could help Miles get lined up there. 

It also depends if he wants to stay in the Midwest. Still more jobs that will open up I imagine. He won't be unemployed long. 

15 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

One job that comes to mind if Miles wants to stay in the P5, Washington State. Moos probably still has connections, and could help Miles get lined up there. 

It also depends if he wants to stay in the Midwest. Still more jobs that will open up I imagine. He won't be unemployed long. 

I already saw on twitter Miles listed as a favorite to take over UNLV.

24 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

As I’m sure everyone here has deduced I can confirm Fred will be the next coach of Nebraska basketball. 1000% locked up. In my opinion, the biggest thing to happen to Nebraska basketball.

Sounds great; can't wait!

Assuming it's a lock now, let's go ahead and make a deep run in the NIT. Why not?

4 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

And boy has he shown some chops, huh? This "second season" has really been a resume performance for Tim Miles. Roster depleted due to multiple injuries, playing two guys serious minutes who joined the program at an open tryout for walk-ons, and they're winning.

Butler made the NIT. There are not-so-good teams who make the NCAA Tournament.  There aren't any not-so-good teams in the NIT. So we have walk-ons (one of whom ultimately earned a scholarship) making valuable contributions on a team that wins a post-season game.

Dayum.

All the better if, as Dimes suggested, it was Hoiberg who insisted Miles be allowed to finish out the season.

I really love how Miles has coached this team the last couple of weeks...but on the other hand, Johnny Trueblood has played great....I always wonder why coaches don't expand their rotations to see if they can find a player on their team that can help them.

It reminds me of Velander...he didn't play much and then he did....did he get immensely better or did the coaches just give him a chance to show it.

I am not saying that Trueblood should have been a 25 minute player his whole career, but could he have been a sparkplug...on a team that Miles said was Casual?