Fred Hoiberg

29 minutes ago, dustystehl said:

Nice click bait thread name...

Seven years ago, Brian Rosenthal tweeted that word was Doc Sadler had been fired.

Someone on this board said "It's official!"

I tried to point out it's only official when someone who's "official" says it's official. Until then, it's un-official.  By definition.

It became a running joke on this board that, whenever Brian Rosenthal tweeted something, that made whatever it was "official."

Brian now works for the university.  That joke no longer works for Rosenthal tweets.  

Enter Chris Basnett, who works for the LJS and who says we've contacted someone about a job opening.

Well, if there's an opening, that means ...

• hhcmatt changed the title to Fred Hoiberg
16 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I've heard contractual terms were agreed to. But again, this is a big fiasco. Who knows if the sky is up or down at this point.

The sky is, and always has been, up. It's awkward right now, but in two years, when we're preparing to play in the NCAAs, we'll be happy with how everything played out.

Just now, hskr4life said:

With the cat out of the bag for the most part now, does this change the way Moos handles the situation?  Does he still leave everyone hanging in the wind.  I believe he needs to make a statement now more than he did after our loss on Friday.  

He felt the need to address the alcohol rumors. He might be feeling some similar pressure here as well.

Just now, hskr4life said:

With the cat out of the bag for the most part now, does this change the way Moos handles the situation?  Does he still leave everyone hanging in the wind.  I believe he needs to make a statement now more than he did after our loss on Friday.  

He didn't need to make a statement Friday. And he doesn't need to make a statement today. It's awkward and uncomfortable now, and that sucks. It really does. But everything will be fine in the end.

27 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Sorry @Norm Peterson i'm commandeering your thread title so that we don't have 10 hoiberg threads.

I was just trying to make a joke about Basnett being the next official tweeter because his tweet implied something that hadn't been stated publicly. I mean, there's two rumors contained within a single tweet: 1) the job is open; and 2) Hoiberg had been approached.

1 hour ago, HoiBall said:

This almost leads me to believe Tim has known for a while. It would make sense that he knew going into the podcast so he just let it fly.

No, he didn't know. Not then anyway. I didn't listen to the podcast, so I don't know how it was brought up. But if Miles was the one who brought up the name Hoiberg, it was purely coincidental. That name is an easy guess, though, for anybody speculating about a coaching change. Didn't take any kind of rocket scientist to speculate Hoiberg would be an attractive candidate given ... he's not currently employed. And has connections to the area, etc. Duh. Miles isn't stupid. He can make the same kinds of educated guesses that literally dozens of other people made.

44 minutes ago, KnightHusker said:

Also Tim announced that Moos would be releasing a statement strikes me as a little manipulation on Tim's part.

How is that manipulation? Seriously, how?  

From what I have heard (I dont care if y'all think the integrity behind this post is lacking, as I dont post much) the credibility of the source Jeff Goodman has regarding his tweet is very close to Fred Hoiberg. I have been a cynical sally for a long time but there are some real legs to this.  Also, this is by no means a done deal but quite a bit of smoke to Freddy being the next coach. I love Tim and I dont think he nor the kids deserve what is going on.  I have said, he is an amazing guy but ya gotta compete and compete with results; he has not done the latter.