Fred Hoiberg

55 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

No, he didn't know. Not then anyway. I didn't listen to the podcast, so I don't know how it was brought up. But if Miles was the one who brought up the name Hoiberg, it was purely coincidental. That name is an easy guess, though, for anybody speculating about a coaching change. Didn't take any kind of rocket scientist to speculate Hoiberg would be an attractive candidate given ... he's not currently employed. And has connections to the area, etc. Duh. Miles isn't stupid. He can make the same kinds of educated guesses that literally dozens of other people made.

How is that manipulation? Seriously, how?  

Did he force Moos' hand to make a statement at the worst time for Moos and the Atletic Department but at the most strategic time to emote support for Tim after a nice three game uptick. Perhaps Moos had told Tim that at the end of the season he would make an announcement 45 minutes after Tim's post game press conference. It's up for interpretation what would mark the end of the season in this case. As you said Tim is not stupid. In fact he is quite clever.

Just now, KnightHusker said:

Did he force Moos' hand to make a statement at the worst time for Moos and the Atletic Department but at the most strategic time to emote support for Tim after a nice three game uptick. Perhaps Moos had told Tim that at the end of the season he would make an announcement 45 minutes after Tim's post game press conference. It's up for interpretation what would mark the end of the season in this case. As you said Tim is not stupid. In fact he is quite clever.

No. They were told Moos would make an announcement. They weren’t told exactly what it would say, but something along the lines of what it said.

1 hour ago, Samborini said:

From what I have heard (I dont care if y'all think the integrity behind this post is lacking, as I dont post much) the credibility of the source Jeff Goodman has regarding his tweet is very close to Fred Hoiberg.

This probably applies to the invisible elephant that represent Larry Eustacy mores than Hoiberg

15 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

Curious...Frost and Hoiberg. Does Nebraska have the best duo of coaches in the country? Maybe Beilein and Harbaugh or Izzo and Dantonio. That’s all I can come up with.

Oklahoma would be pretty tough to beat. Obviously Michigan and Michigan St as you mentioned. Purdue is pretty good too. As is Notre Dame. 

5 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I was just trying to make a joke about Basnett being the next official tweeter because his tweet implied something that hadn't been stated publicly. I mean, there's two rumors contained within a single tweet: 1) the job is open; and 2) Hoiberg had been approached.

"IT'S OFFICIAL"-ly the silly season..... here. we. go. ?

I don’t have any inside sources.

But if Hoiberg was trying to use this leak as leverage one job could be with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

I know Glen Taylor has been in contact with him or at least that is the rumor up here. It’s well known how Fred feels about recruiting but his last NBA stint wasn’t great.

I sure hope he picks the Huskers but the wolves might get nervous and move past Ryan Saunders as an interim and just hire Fred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk