Fred Hoiberg

24 minutes ago, Busch Light said:

As they should. Tim Miles is going to be fired, I get it, but he’s done nothing in his 7 years of service to deserve this kind of treatment. It takes 5 minutes to fire someone when all of the paperwork is complete, which I’m sure it is. Make time. 

yeah, this is the vibe im getting too... it feels like a "courtesy period" respect for miles wait. I think in like 48 hours we see a graceful exit. this is all fine, its just traumatic to husker fans everywhere, since the hoiberg thing really is time sensitive, and with the stupidity of the world of social media now, every hour that ticks by hurts us.

or at least it APPEARS to hurt us. it's my postulation that perhaps there's a lot going on behind the scenes that the normal fan won't ever see (and probably shouldn't). it'll work itself out. some interest by fans is fine, but none of us are entitled to early news. I blame basketball twitter...but can't deny it's not fun being part of it for years now. 

8 hours ago, Raidsker said:

Just fyi. Hank was not "president of UNL" closest to that would be Ronnie Green as chancellor. Hank was over the NU systems... all the campuses. I can't even name the guy before him... unless is was smith something or other. 

J.B. Milligan was for the longest time though after looking it up there was an interim president in between (Dr James Linder). I didn't remember L. Dennis Smith who was president the entire time I was in school.

Timeline for walking papers from Bill Moos

Mike Riley - 1 day

2017 last game was Nov 24th (home game)

Fired Nov 25th

Ken Bone - 6 days

2014 last game was March 12th (Pac 12 tourney in Vegas)

Paul Wulff - 3 days

Nov 26, 2011 - Last Washington St football game (Seattle)

Nov 29, 2011 - Paul Wulff fired

No idea the circumstances for the other jobs.  If there is a pattern here, it's that Moos hasn't ever fired someone who slept in a hotel the night before.

We’ve acknowledged that Moos has put Miles in a tough spot a time or two. But we also can acknowledge the timing of Bounds announcement put Moos in a tough spot. Seems unwise to announce two of the University system’s biggest names, leaving on the same afternoon. I also don’t think Bounds is the type to leave Moos flapping in the wind, I would assume the new coach is locked up if Bounds was comfortable announcing his departure.

17 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

J.B. Milligan was for the longest time though after looking it up there was an interim president in between (Dr James Linder). I didn't remember L. Dennis Smith who was president the entire time I was in school.

Hank's problem appears to be not going by an initial.

L. Dennis you may remember best as an Obelmeyer cartoon robot. Trying to confirm this however lead me down this rabbit hole...

http://nealo.com/2000/01/18/the-danny-nee-cartoon-jan-18-20

1 minute ago, Raidsker said:

Hank's problem appears to be not going by an initial.

L. Dennis you may remember best as an Obelmeyer cartoon robot. Trying to confirm this however lead me down this rabbit hole...

http://nealo.com/2000/01/18/the-danny-nee-cartoon-jan-18-20

That's the cartoon I used to come up with the best tattoo for that Husker tattoo day last year

nee.JPG

13 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Truth hurts huh huskerbaseball.

Why would it hurt if I was actually “bitching” about his salary in “every” game thread.  If it hurt, I wouldn’t have done it. 

But the actual truth is you are dreaming. I encourage you to go thru every game thread this year and find all my posts “bitching” about his salary.  

Edited by huskerbaseball13

1 minute ago, hhcmatt said:

Assume that Hoiberg is a lock to come here: Would anyone expect that to happen before Michigan St loses out or at least plays this week at this point?

Many thought Saturday? Which would mean he could still personally attend the game Sunday if they make it that far. 

Im still concerned he’s anything but a lock at this point. 

18 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Assume that Hoiberg is a lock to come here: Would anyone expect that to happen before Michigan St loses out or at least plays this week at this point?

Actually, yes. But all this speculation makes it seem like Moos has been incredibly accommodating to both Miles and Hoiberg (except for how awkward and nontraditional this has turned out).

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Honestly, and this is just my $0.02. I think it would make sense to hire Hoiberg before his son's game.  The more National exposure the better.  While he is sitting at the game, the TV may pop on him a few times and mention that he is the new coach for the Huskers. I think it would be a good thing.

3 minutes ago, bball23 said:

Honestly, and this is just my $0.02. I think it would make sense to hire Hoiberg before his son's game.  The more National exposure the better.  While he is sitting at the game, the TV may pop on him a few times and mention that he is the new coach for the Huskers. I think it would be a good thing.

Potentially that would be good for us.  What about him?

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Actually, yes. But all this speculation makes it seem like Moos has been incredibly accommodating to both Miles and Hoiberg (except for how awkward and nontraditional this has turned out).

I sure as hell hope this is what hindsight shows. It does fit the narrative of Moos being a folksy cattle rancher good guy the press kinda played up when he was hired.

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Dr. James Linder (Interim President): 2014—2015. Dr. James Linder served as interim president of the University of Nebraska from 2014-2015. ...

L. Dennis Smith: 1994 - 2004. ...

Ronald Roskens: 1977 - 1989. ...

Durwood B. Varner: 1970 - 1976. ...

Clifford Hardin: 1968-1969.

Another tweet from Sip:

image.png

So, all signs continue to point to Fred coaching Nebraska next season.  If Miles is gone, that is a great get and hire by Moos.  However, you can praise Moos for the hire while still being critical of the process (I am!).  Those two things are not mutually exclusive.  I also cringed a little at Sipple's first tweet as if he's talking so nonchalantly about Miles getting fired and almost that he's glad this is happening as it fits the position he has taken over the last several weeks.  I don't know, I might be reading too much into it but it almost seems like he is dehumanizing the situation for Miles.  Miles has handled this entire situation with the same class and dignity he has displayed in his seven years here and I just don't think this was reciprocated to him at the end of his tenure.  I will certainly miss him while also welcoming in the next era of Husker Hoops!

This chapter cannot come to an end soon enough!!!!!!!

Edited by Nebrasketball1979