N.I.T.: Nebraska vs Butler

4 hours ago, Omaha Nebrasketballer said:

So this is my 7th year as a season ticket holder, and I've been to many games before I had season tickets as well.

With that being said, I can't remember ever being more pumped about going to a game than I am for tomorrow's game. Kind of weird, huh? I guess I'm still fired up about the performance in the Big 10 tourney with a depleted squad and am looking forward to rooting for these guys and Coach Miles one last time in person.

Exactly how I feel.  My son and I are driving out from Colorado tomorrow to watch the baseball game and then the basketball game.  If things work out, we will either head down to Fort Worth to watch the TCU game or stick around for a 2nd home game if TCU loses.  Got to love spring break road trips!!!

Side note...if TCU wins and Nebraska happens to play them on Saturday, if you're up for an epic sports weekend, I would recommend taking a drive down to Tulsa to watch the NCAA tournament games and then making the short trek down to Fort Worth on Saturday morning.  If things just happen to fall into place, that will be our plan!

7 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Exactly how I feel.  My son and I are driving out from Colorado tomorrow to watch the baseball game and then the basketball game.  If things work out, we will either head down to Fort Worth to watch the TCU game or stick around for a 2nd home game if TCU loses.  Got to love spring break road trips!!!

Side note...if TCU wins and Nebraska happens to play them on Saturday, if you're up for an epic sports weekend, I would recommend taking a drive down to Tulsa to watch the NCAA tournament games and then making the short trek down to Fort Worth on Saturday morning.  If things just happen to fall into place, that will be our plan!

Sounds like regardless of outcomes you guys will have a blast. Make sure your boy gets loaded up on husker gear while in town. 

Edited by The Polish Rifle

Typical of the NIT first round games I have attended over the years. Third round games get pretty well attended. Crowds are pretty loud though, since everyone wants to be there. Omaha crowd looked pretty good last night but Texas crowd was not big enough to form a posse.

Edited by jimmykc

20 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Typical of the NIT first round games I have attended over the years. Third round games get pretty loud. Crowds are pretty loud though, since everyone wants to be there. Omaha crowd looked pretty good last night but Texas crowd was not big enough to form a posse.

I actually went to the game last night in Omaha. My buddy who has season tickets for the Jays said the NIT is a chance for the common folk in the upper level seats to make their way down while the doctors/lawyers/wine sippers/folks there solely to be seen typically stay home. It was a good time. Pry had about 6,000 there. Beers still $8 tho.

38 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

I actually went to the game last night in Omaha. My buddy who has season tickets for the Jays said the NIT is a chance for the common folk in the upper level seats to make their way down while the doctors/lawyers/wine sippers/folks there solely to be seen typically stay home. It was a good time. Pry had about 6,000 there. Beers still $8 tho.

3 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

It seems as if there are still a lot of tickets available on huskers.com. Worried about a low turnout.

I don't think we're selling 300 level tickets and probably wont have the demand to do so.

All the "club" are sold out...i'm not sure which seats those are.

Just from looks of things trying to buy different amounts of tickets in the 100 and 200 level I'd say the 100 level is mostly full and the 200 level is around half full.  This is 6-8k tickets?

23 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

image.png

Uh...how much are student season tickets? $15 seems high here but maybe student season tickets are $500

It's certainly odd that student tickets are more than 200 level tickets.

Looks to be like the Holidays when the students are out.  It's Spring Break for UNL, and I recall these tickets being released to public in the Holidays for either 10 or 15.  I imagine they made it 15 to match the other 100 levels?  I mean you don't have to be a student to purchase these right?

9 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I don't think we're selling 300 level tickets and probably wont have the demand to do so.

All the "club" are sold out...i'm not sure which seats those are.

Just from looks of things trying to buy different amounts of tickets in the 100 and 200 level I'd say the 100 level is mostly full and the 200 level is around half full.  This is 6-8k tickets?

Club seats are $20.   If it ends up at 6-8k, it would be higher than any of last night's games I believe.   Texas drew less than 2000. I saw a tweet with all the actual attendance figures, but can't find it.   But crowds were mainly low 4 figures.    If people start bashing based on our attendance they should first consider how it stacks up with the other games.

Sometime between Friday and Sunday (or Monday?) is all we know. It's at least partially based on campus site availability -- so, for instance, if Sam Houston can knock off the under-coached TCU boys (as they did just fire their cheating assistant...), the game would be at PBA. But since there's a concert on Saturday, the game would either have to be Friday or Sunday, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure what TCU does/doesn't have going on at their arena if they win, but it could dictate the date/time of the game.

16 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Haven't you heard?  The NIT is MEANINGLESS and is a detriment to our program!  

Yes, this is dripping with sarcasm....