N.I.T.: Nebraska vs Butler

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Nana was being talked about as a cancer in the locker room possibly.  I’m not thinking we are going to do a Jordy 2.0 again this year.

I've heard rumblings of this. Seems true based on how we've played since he left the lineup. Some guys just have that negative energy. Never though I saw that from him before the past 4 games

35 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I wouldn't expect it to be THAT popular.

Just stick with it. I got in after letting it sit for a minute

Here are the prices

image.png

Good news - we are in!  Splurged on $20 club level seats ?.  I will say it wasn't a seamless process.  I had to go through the order process about a dozen time as I kept getting error messages when trying to pay...system kept saying my transaction had timed out, which it hadn't based on the 15 minute countdown.  So, I probably have unknowingly purchased 24 tickets so I'll have many extra for HHC friends!

With my son being on spring break, we are also packing for multiple days in the hopes of a 2nd home game or a trip down to Fort Worth!  GBR!

NIT Rules

>> The 3-point line will be extended by about 20 inches to the distance used in international basketball (22 feet, 1 ¾ inches).

>> The foul lane will be widened from 12 to 16 feet, coinciding with NBA width.

>> The shot clock will be reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound instead of the full 30.

>> Team fouls will reset at the 10-minute mark of each half for determining free throws. One-and-one free throws will be eliminated.  Teams will shoot two bonus free throws after the fifth team foul of each 10-minute segment.  

11 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

NIT Rules

>> The 3-point line will be extended by about 20 inches to the distance used in international basketball (22 feet, 1 ¾ inches).

>> The shot clock will be reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound instead of the full 30.

>> Team fouls will reset at the 10-minute mark of each half for determining free throws. One-and-one free throws will be eliminated.  Teams will shoot two bonus free throws after the fifth team foul of each 10-minute segment.  

I only like the offensive rebound change.

5 minutes ago, Noah121 said:

I find it weird that they are still playing halves (instead of quarters) yet doing the foul reset every 10 game minutes. That might lead to awkwardness.

It's really not all that noticeable. I've seen this rule live in action. The game flow continues on, but unless you're intentionally watching the scoreboard you don't even notice the change in fouls.

13 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

NIT Rules

I really like the first three rule differences, not so sure about the 4th. Fouls don't need to be different than the entire regular season. It certainly helps a poor-FT-shooting team, a la Miss. St. last season in Starkville. But, I do like the 3-ball line moving back as most players shoot 23' threes anyway. And the lane being widened will help open up drives. The shot clock reset works well in the NBA when it goes from 24 to 14 in similar circumstances as this change.

3 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Good news - we are in!  Splurged on $20 club level seats ?.  I will say it wasn't a seamless process.  I had to go through the order process about a dozen time as I kept getting error messages when trying to pay...system kept saying my transaction had timed out, which it hadn't based on the 15 minute countdown.  So, I probably have unknowingly purchased 24 tickets so I'll have many extra for HHC friends!

With my son being on spring break, we are also packing for multiple days in the hopes of a 2nd home game or a trip down to Fort Worth!  GBR!

Funny, because I got in right away after jumping on them when I woke at around 10pm (I work nights). Guess they cleared up any earlier issues. Cant wait. Got 100 level but didnt even think to try the once in a lifetime chance at club! 

16 minutes ago, khoock said:

So we know Cope and Karrington Davis are both out for the season. Dachon is ineligible and Nana is suspended. Do we know if Amir Harris or Thomas Allen will be ready to go for the NIT?

If Allen was warming up in Chicago he seems close.  Harris seems unlikely. Any google doctors in the house?

19 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

If Allen was warming up in Chicago he seems close.  Harris seems unlikely. Any google doctors in the house?

It was his meniscus, right? I tore mine in HS but had it repaired so the recovery was about four months. I believe if they just trimmed his its closer to 3-4 weeks, possibly two. I would say 50/50 chance it we are still playing a week from Wednesday, but that's just a total guess