When is the Moos hire/fire announcement?

unl

I was just thinking if he would have released that statement after the football season. So if Riley went 5-7 instead of 4-8...nobody believes he’d have a wait and see statement. What does knowing if they make a tournament have to do with 7 seasons of work? Can someone explain why this makes sense?

3 minutes ago, unl said:

I was just thinking if he would have released that statement after the football season. So if Riley went 5-7 instead of 4-8...nobody believes he’d have a wait and see statement. What does knowing if they make a tournament have to do with 7 seasons of work? Can someone explain why this makes sense?

No because it doesn't.

2 minutes ago, jdw said:
6 minutes ago, unl said:

No because it doesn't.

It makes plenty of sense if it's because Moos is scrambling to lock down a new coach.

1 hour ago, unl said:

Not defending it, and particularly the substance of the statement after the Wiscy game, but I think the line of thinking is he wasn't going to make a final determination until the season is over.  Thus it differs from Riley; after the Iowa game the season was over, and the announcement came the next day.    Moos has consistently said that he wouldn't decide and announce until after the season concludes.    My guess is if we don't make the NIT, an announcement will come tomorrow.   If we do, most likely it will be within 48 hours of when we lose (unless we don't lose ?)

Edited by HB

1 minute ago, HB said:

Not defending it, and particularly the substance of the statement after the Wiscy game, but I think the line of thinking is he wasn't going to make a final determination until the season is over.  Thus is differs from Riley; after the Iowa game the season was over, and the announcement came the next day.    Moos has consistently said that he wouldn't decide and announce until after the season concludes.  

I’m getting the feeling that people on this board will be upset if Moos makes a home run hire.

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

I’m getting the feeling that people on this board will be upset if Moos makes a home run hire.

I, for one, am a slightly keep Miles guy.  But, if Moos makes a home run hire (Hoiberg, Sampson, etc), I will be more than happy.  It also considers what the "end of the season"  means to people.  Does it mean, end of the regular season, or the end of the postseason?  I feel the regular season.  Why keep Miles, and especially the assistant coaches and their family in limbo because of wording?

8 minutes ago, HB said:

Not defending it, and particularly the substance of the statement after the Wiscy game, but I think the line of thinking is he wasn't going to make a final determination until the season is over.  Thus is differs from Riley; after the Iowa game the season was over, and the announcement came the next day.    Moos has consistently said that he wouldn't decide and announce until after the season concludes.    My guess is if we don't make the NIT, an announcement will come tomorrow.   If we do, most likely it will be within 48 hours of when we lose (unless we don't lose ?)

This is awesome. Thanks HB. I guess I’m just skeptical that hoops is still second fiddle when we’ve pleaded for years to just put effort into it, not just money. If he’s firing Miles like most think he will, is that 7 year, $28 million deal accurate? The Frost contract came out before announcement. If it’s Hoiberg, I think the state will embrace it like no hire before.

23 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I, for one, am a slightly keep Miles guy.  But, if Moos makes a home run hire (Hoiberg, Sampson, etc), I will be more than happy.  It also considers what the "end of the season"  means to people.  Does it mean, end of the regular season, or the end of the postseason?  I feel the regular season.  Why keep Miles, and especially the assistant coaches and their family in limbo because of wording?

Whether it gets announced now or after a game or 2 in the NIT isn't going to make a helluva lot of difference.   Those affected have had weeks to contemplate the situation.  If there is any chance to save the situation with a deep run, as far-fetched as that scenario is, I'm sure they would rather  not have an announcement now.   We're now to the point of overthinking it.  Imagine that. 

Edited by HB