When is the Moos hire/fire announcement?

unl

1 hour ago, unl said:

Today? Tomorrow? Whenever he comes back from California?

If it's not before the NIT announcement it's hard to see it happening until we're done with the NIT.  Getting our opponent and then firing Miles on Monday would seem akin to trying to set the world record for number of bullets fired into your own foot.

I don't like the idea of snubbing the NIT.

The NIT is like the Holiday Bowl or the Sun Bowl or somesuch, sure it's not the National Championship game, or a New Years bowl, but it's another game(s) The NIT often has better matchups than the NCAA tournament and every year there are a number of teams in the NIT that are better basketball teams than some of the auto-qualifiers.

I want Nebraska to be competitive and making the  NCAA tournament regularly, but if we don't get an NCAA bid, but can play in the NIT...play on! As long as this NIT run goes is how long we all have to appreciate Glynn Watson, James Palmer, Tanner Borchardt, and Johnny Trueblood. 

3 minutes ago, hhcscott said:

I don't like the idea of snubbing the NIT.

The NIT is like the Holiday Bowl or the Sun Bowl or somesuch, sure it's not the National Championship game, or a New Years bowl, but it's another game(s) The NIT often has better matchups than the NCAA tournament and every year there are a number of teams in the NIT that are better basketball teams than some of the auto-qualifiers.

I want Nebraska to be competitive and making the  NCAA tournament regularly, but if we don't get an NCAA bid, but can play in the NIT...play on! As long as this NIT run goes is how long we all have to appreciate Glynn Watson, James Palmer, Tanner Borchardt, and Johnny Trueblood. 

You never turn down a national post-season tournament the caliber of the N.I.T. Never.

It's a chance for more basketball, ppl. Take it & run with it. Win the whole darn thing, Nebrasketball (a la '96) !!!!

Edited by AuroranHusker