2014 recruits

Row6Seat10

This Romero kid must be some hot stuff! Sounds as if Yori is in the stands tonight watching her in the California Division II state semi-finals taking on Stockton/St Mary's, along with coaches from Oregon St, Utah, Gonzaga and Boston College. Miss Romeo scored 34 points knocking down 4 three pointers Saturday night where Carondelet beat defending champion San Jose Archbishop Mitty 89-69.

Row6, how many spots does Connie have to offer for this year?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the women can have up to 15 on scholarship but Connie doesn't usually carry that many, true?

True. Last season we started with 12 scholarship players. Woodberry was dismissed and *Adrianna Maurer had to quit which set the total at 10. Then in December Yori gave Courtney Aitken Woodberry's scholarship. With that scholarship added we are finishing up this season with 11 scholarship players.

We lose Lindsey Moore and Meghin Williams to graduation so that opens up two more scholarships taking the total down to 9. We have 3 new scholarship players coming in this fall so that pushes the total back up to 12. After next season we lose one senior (Jordan Hooper) as a result that pushes the total on scholarships back to 11. Follow me?

Barring some unforeseen movement this summer with the present roster, we have room for 4 more scholarship players this November taking the total to 15. I'm inclined to think though they may only sign 2, 3 at the most this fall. Providing of course all eligible players will be back next year.

* I'm not positive though on the Maurer scholarship if they let her keep it till she graduates or just till the end of this year.

Girls Basketball Report is reporting that Nebraska has offered a scholarship to 5'10 Charise Holloway (2014) forward from St. Mary's High School in Stockton CA. Can't find stats for any St. Mary's players online but will keep searching. She didn't play the whole season due to injury. Holloway has other offers from UNLV, Hawaii and Utah, Arizona St. Kansas, Oklahoma, Oregon St, Washington St showing strong interest. 

d38ddf6f-d48b-e211-a211-002655e6c126_ori

According to Hoopgurlz Charise is a young forward with a solid, strong build. Plays with impressive instincts for her age and makes plays. Her game has an advanced element of "power" and she's an exceptional leaper. Very bright prospects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130416/PREPZONE/704169874/1029#minden-s-kissinger-commits-to-illinois

Towards the bottom of the page it says that Chatrice White has narrowed her schools down to Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Illinois, and Purdue, eliminating Iowa, ISU, and Notre Dame.

Hopefully her and Kissinger weren't a package deal for Illinois!

• 2 weeks later...

Yet to be confirmed, it looks by all accounts Nebraska has offered Kia Nurse a 6' guard out of St. Thomas More High School in Hamilton, Ontario. She's being chased by practically every B1G team and numerous others. Kia has played on the Ontario national team now for the past 3 years. Arguably the top Canadian player this year. Experts are saying if she played in the US she would be a top 20 (2014) recruit. As it is for all Canadian players it's really difficult to find many stats pertaining to her. Her family tree is interesting as her dad Richard played wide reciever for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, her mom starred for the McMaster Marauders women’s basketball team and her sister played basketball for Oregon, plus the fact her aunt is married to Donovan McNabb. 

kia-nurse.jpg

She's announcing it supposedly at the Shelby/Rising City spring athletic banquet tonight. My bet is that she will be "N".

Don't really know how comfortable she would be announcing that she is going to Purdue or Illinois in front of a couple hundred Husker fans.