2014 recruits

Row6Seat10

Thank you Coach Dayna! Great piece of recruiting on her part!

This is a fantastic commit! She will come in and without a doubt demand minutes right away. Our future just got better ten fold! Blue Star Recruiting has her as the 65th best player in the nation. Full Court has her ranked as the 48th best.

HB I don't think they're looking at a big in this class. They've got two more open scholarships, I'm inclined to think they'll only offer one more and it will be a point guard.

I love the fact that we can go 20 miles from the Bramlege Coliseum and pluck the best player in the state away from Patterson.

This is a fantastic commit! She will come in and without a doubt demand minutes right away. Our future just got better ten fold! Blue Star Recruiting has her as the 65th best player in the nation. Full Court has her ranked as the 48th best.

HB I don't think they're looking at a big in this class. They've got two more open scholarships, I'm inclined to think they'll only offer one more and it will be a point guard.

I love the fact that we can go 20 miles from the Bramlege Coliseum and pluck the best player in the state away from Patterson.

Very true.  Thank you Miss Page.  You will love Nebraska and Nebraska will love you!

Page will be in Marysville for a game next season...it's just over an hour's drive from Lincoln.  Will I see some Husker red?

If you think about it, Atskooc, please post the date and time of the game when the schedules are posted.  I would make that trip if the date works.

So is this another of a player wanting to get away from home or does this say something about the KSU & KU programs ?

So is this another of a player wanting to get away from home or does this say something about the KSU & KU programs ?

I think it may have came down to between us and KU. And I don't think KU pursued her as hard as NU did. The fact that we have arguably the nations best facilities for women's basketball I believe played a major factor in her final decision also. Plus we graduate our players. Attendance and BTN also could have played a part.

KSU was totally out of the picture from the get go. Not for sure but it sounds like there may have been some sort of riff develop between her and Patterson. Which is good for NU when it comes to recruiting her little sister.

I'm still stoked about this verbal commitment. If I had to pick between her or White, I would have picked Kaylee in a heartbeat! She might just turn out to be the closest thing to Kelsey Griffin since, well..... Kelsey Griffin.

Natalie Romeo the huge Carondelet CA High School point guard target the Huskers are chasing has made this 2 minute plus video of some of her high lights during various games she played in the last season. She's really making a name for herself on the AAU circuit this spring and has received a lot more offers as a result.

As of now Final 4 participant California is showing some interest but hasn't offered. I think California has their sights set on some other potential players and are waiting to see which way they commit before they do or don't offer Natalie. It could cloud up the issue should they choose to offer as they're basically located right in her back yard.  

The Journal Star is reporting that Kaylee Jensen the 6'4 center from Class D-2 Lindsey Holy Family committed to Oklahoma State today. Sounds as if the Huskers showed limited interest in her.

You always hope you can keep big girls home if they are Division I caliber, but I assume the coaches had their reasons for not being super aggressive here.

I know I probably sound like a broken record when it come to recruiting Carondelet CA High School star guard Natalie Romeo but she's really been making a name for herself on the AAU summer tour and this past week she went from being not even mentioned on the Full Court top 50 (2014) player rankings put out last March, to making her debut in the new top 50 at number #27. 

Here is what Full Court said about her appearing in the rankings:

No. 27 Natalie Romeo (in Fresh 50 for the first time)

Romeo is making her debut in the Fresh 50 after making the all-tournament team at Boo Williams for the Cal Stars Nike Elite, but Romeo's stock as one of the best point guards on the West Coast was rising prior to that due to her outstanding season with Carondelet High School, where she averaged 21.3 points, 5.6 rebounds, 6.5 assists and 6.3 steals per game, leading the Cougars to a 27-4 record and an appearance in the California Open Division semifinals.

Kaylee Page was ranked #48 in the same rankings earlier but was dropped to #50 in the latest one.

http://www.fullcourt.com/prep/23295/latest-class-2014-updated-fresh-50-rankings

• 2 weeks later...

Best recruiting news of the month! NU has rolled out the big red carpet as Natalie Romeo has been on campus these past few days! Hopefully she has a fantastic time!.......Reel her in Coach!

Thanks for the update Row 6.  I like her film.  Love point guards who can attack the goal.  Page and Romeo would make the nucleus of a great class.

Well it looks like it won't be too long and we'll be able to cross Milwaukee point guard Gabrielle Ortiz off the list as she has evidently narrowed her choice of schools down to five in this Oklahoma interview.

“I have narrowed my schools down to Purdue, Vanderbilt, Oklahoma, Miami and Michigan State and they make up my top five.”

http://oklahoma.247sports.com/Article/Sooners-in-Ortiz-top-five-134912

Best of luck to Courtney Aiken who has decided to fore-go the rest of her basketball career at Nebraska. With Courtney's absence that will free up another scholarship. 

In other news Miss Romeo is visiting Utah. I think this is her second time to visit the Utes. And they just might be our biggest competition for her. Utah, Nebraska, and Boston College have been there from the beginning when it comes to recruiting her and I'm inclined to think she might be loyal to those schools who were there in the beginning rather than those who just recently jumped on board because she had some great AAU showings like USC, Louisville and Ohio St.