March Tourney Talk

Is this a good place to share links to invites to ESPN or similar tourney challenge groups? I have one, but ideally I'd like to get as many people who do the brackets, on this site, together in the same group. I believe we did something last year. Hope this is the right thread for this, it had the look of it. 

28 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I've set one up for HHC in the past. Good reminder. I can take the reigns on that unless someone else really wants to.

I'll follow your lead. Espn, Yahoo, whatever outlet you want is fine with me. Maybe a new thread once we find that we have the interest of more than just us 3? I also remember doing it last year. Always fun. 

I'm new to the office pool and this year at work I'm doing it for the first time for money, but very happy to. Also playing more of the organizer role because people like to be lazy and drag their feet. ?

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Surely it couldn't be...

Yea, unfortunately too. Oregon ruined things (though on a personal note, I'm not all that upset about that team ;) ), and now it looks like Arizona state is in too. Kinds dumb. Hey, this is really weird to not get an obligatory Arizona 2 seed bid; but they're not even in! 

1 hour ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

I'll follow your lead. Espn, Yahoo, whatever outlet you want is fine with me. Maybe a new thread once we find that we have the interest of more than just us 3? I also remember doing it last year. Always fun. 

I'm new to the office pool and this year at work I'm doing it for the first time for money, but very happy to. Also playing more of the organizer role because people like to be lazy and drag their feet. ?

CBS Sports has a good bracket for office pools. I'll send you the link.

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Belmont and Temple in.  They will play Maryland who is a 6 seed.  We beat a 6 seed so far.

I just looked at their resumes, it pisses me off about last year.  Belmont NET 47 Q1 2 - 2 Q2 3 - 1 Q4 17 - 0  Temple NET 56 Q1 2 - 6 Q2 6 - 2.  Our resume NET 48 Q1 3 - 13 Q2 6-3.  5 wins by Belmont in Q1 and Q2 and Temple had 8 wins against Q1 and Q2.  That's what upsets me.  They tell you 1 year, "You didn't beat enough Q1 and Q2 teams, and the next year teams who have less wins get an at large bid.

1 minute ago, brfrad said:

I just looked at their resumes, it pisses me off about last year.  Belmont NET 47 Q1 2 - 2 Q2 3 - 1 Q4 17 - 0  Temple NET 56 Q1 2 - 6 Q2 6 - 2.  Our resume NET 48 Q1 3 - 13 Q2 6-3.  5 wins by Belmont in Q1 and Q2 and Temple had 8 wins against Q1 and Q2.  That's what upsets me.  They tell you 1 year, "You didn't beat enough Q1 and Q2 teams, and the next year teams who have less wins get an at large bid.

I know they're not supposed to account for standings, but I can't imagine they don't enter the minds of committee members. Our finish doomed us regardless of everything else.