March Tourney Talk

32 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Two games tonight. Two teams win their first NCAA tournament game in school history.

Fairleigh Dickinson: 1-5

Belmont: 1-7

I know I should be excited for these First Four teams, but is this their *first win since the field is now 68?! (*The field of 64 is the official tourney bracket, in my book.)

3 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

I know I should be excited for these First Four teams, but is this their *first win since the field is now 68?! (*The field of 64 is the official tourney bracket, in my book.)

Agreed. I think the winners of a play in game should have to have an * by their record for as long as Roger Maris had to. ?

4 hours ago, trickey said:
7 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Agreed. I think the winners of a play in game should have to have an * by their record for as long as Roger Maris had to. ?

Does that mean that all teams who have won a non-bye game since 1953-1974 and 1979-1984 have to put an asterisk by their wins?

Second Round NIT Schedule

(Central times)

Friday, March 22

Memphis at Creighton, 7:30 p.m., ESPNU

Saturday, March 23

Arkansas at Indiana, 11 a.m., ESPN
Lipscomb at UNC Greensboro, 1 p.m., ESPN

Sunday, March 24

Wichita State at Clemson, 1 p.m., ESPN
Xavier at Texas, 3 p.m., ESPN
Harvard at NC State, 6:30 p.m., ESPNU
Nebraska at TCU, 8:30 p.m., ESPNU

Monday, March 25

Norfolk State at Colorado, 8 p.m., ESPN2

https://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/images/2019/03/20/2019-nit-bracket-schedule-scores_1.pdf

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

It's interesting that Creighton (#2 seed) gets 2 days of extra rest for the quarterfinals.

they had a shorter turnaround for game 2, though. 

all these home games have to deal with scheduling issues. that's the downside of the NITs first 3 rounds. 

If we win tomorrow night, I assume we’ll play Wednesday night in Omaha. That’d make for quite the sports week locally. Royals vs. Storm Chasers exhibition game Monday night, first NU vs. CU baseball game of the year in Omaha Tuesday night, and an NU vs. CU basketball game the next night across the street.

Don't know if this is set in stone, but the latest NIT bracket says the NU/TCU - Creighton game will be Tuesday on ESPN (time TBA - probably 6 or 8 pm Central).

The Indiana bracket also set for Tuesday, while the other two brackets are set for Wednesday. 

If this is set in stone and it ends up being NU-blue team in Omaha, someone at ESPN/the NIT/Creighton dropped the ball with that night also being NU-blue team baseball in Omaha. You'd think someone at CU would've clued them in about that potential conflict, especially since the games would take place within a couple of blocks of each other.

https://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/images/2019/03/23/2019_nit_bracket_-_3.23.19.pdf

Edited by throwback

14 hours ago, throwback said:

Don't know if this is set in stone, but the latest NIT bracket says the NU/TCU - Creighton game will be Tuesday on ESPN (time TBA - probably 6 or 8 pm Central).

The Indiana bracket also set for Tuesday, while the other two brackets are set for Wednesday. 

If this is set in stone and it ends up being NU-blue team in Omaha, someone at ESPN/the NIT/Creighton dropped the ball with that night also being NU-blue team baseball in Omaha. You'd think someone at CU would've clued them in about that potential conflict, especially since the games would take place within a couple of blocks of each other.

https://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/images/2019/03/23/2019_nit_bracket_-_3.23.19.pdf

Yes, it's set in stone. The game would be Tuesday.

15 minutes ago, khoock said:
1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

Which happens first, a B1G Title in Football or Basketball?

Gotta play the odds and go with basketball? Two opportunities every year (regular season and tourney title). But I would definitely guess football since the direction of the basketball program is up in the air rn.

Even if Hoiberg takes over, I'd say football. But you can still have a much more successful season in basketball without a title than you can in football without a title.