NIT watch

Bugeaters1

On 3/17/2019 at 7:48 PM, tcp said:

Probably just his idea of a little chuckle. This isn't a particularly strong Butler team. Good, but very beatable. 

It now feels weird that Barry Collier attended a ballgame at Pinnacle Bank Arena a day after CU hosted Butler. The NU-OSU game in which Cope went down, as it were. Maybe Barry wanted Nebraska to have a measure of success in having his former squad get an N.I.T. post-season ballgame at home (*1st since 2008, by the way)............ particularly, after how it all went down last season in the N.I.T. selection room with the screw-job #5 seed.

Edited by AuroranHusker

18 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Fair enough, but I’d let one of the Assitants handle it and stop letting Tim twist in the wind when we ALL know what’s coming.

What good would it do to fire Miles now and not let him finish out the season with is team?  Again, you making this all about Tim and not the players.  Tim will be fine.  He's a big boy and knows the situation.  It's not fair to the players to fire their head coach before they finish their post-season just because you want to spare Tim's feelings. 

1 hour ago, kldm64 said:

What good would it do to fire Miles now and not let him finish out the season with is team?  Again, you making this all about Tim and not the players.  Tim will be fine.  He's a big boy and knows the situation.  It's not fair to the players to fire their head coach before they finish their post-season just because you want to spare Tim's feelings. 

If you're going to fire the guy, I don't see what good it does to wait.

And your Machiavellian proposal to get some more work out of a guy you're intending to fire would seem beneath the dignity of the University.

It's like if you were a restaurant and were going to fire your kitchen manager and decided, no, let's wait until AFTER he cleans out the grease trap and THEN fire him.

10 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

And your Machiavellian proposal to get some more work out of a guy you're intending to fire would seem beneath the dignity of the University.

It's like if you were a restaurant and were going to fire your kitchen manager and decided, no, let's wait until AFTER he cleans out the grease trap and THEN fire him.

Im guessing Miles is still on the list of possibilities. As in, if we strike out on our A/B list, Miles still may be retained. 

44 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Im guessing Miles is still on the list of possibilities. As in, if we strike out on our A/B list, Miles still may be retained. 

This is what I believe too. It's the most likely scenario. And for the good of my mental health I am refusing to believe its gross incompitance ?

1 hour ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

We can't.  We just absolutely cannot do this.

If this is Moos's plan, it isn't a plan.  It's more gutless than his non-announcement announcement.

You either commit to Miles and say he has your FULL support (which Moos did NOT do) OR you commit to finding a new guy.

It is NOT good for the long-term health of the program to have a coach coaching for his job and wondering about his status at the end of every season.

Fish or cut bait.  One or the other.  Don't try to play some hedging kind of bullshit game for the 4th year in a row.

If Moos retains Miles, that will send the absolute worst possible message about the status of the Husker basketball program and the leadership of Moos:

"I don't really want you, but I couldn't find anyone better (and believe me I tried), so I'm stuck with you.  For now.  But, go out there and give it the ol' college try, killer.  You have my full partial lukewarm fleeting support."

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Should have just fired him after our 7 game losing streak then.  I'm sure Moo knew at that time, he was going to make a coaching change so why wait till the end of the season. 

What's the big hurry or harm to let him coach with the team till the season is over and then make a coaching change?  Most coaching we'd be looking at are still coaching now anyway so just let Miles finish out the season and then let him go. 

49 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

Should have just fired him after our 7 game losing streak then.  I'm sure Moo knew at that time, he was going to make a coaching change so why wait till the end of the season. 

What's the big hurry or harm to let him coach with the team till the season is over and then make a coaching change?  Most coaching we'd be looking at are still coaching now anyway so just let Miles finish out the season and then let him go. 

Because if you're going to keep him, he needs to know and so do our recruits and potential recruits.

If you have someone else lined up already, THEY need to have some time to hit the recruiting trail.

There's a difference between him finishing out the season vs. coaching in the post-season. We're in some uncharted territory, here, because as fas as I'm aware we haven't fired a coach who made a post-season tournament in the history of the program. 

2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

There's a difference between him finishing out the season vs. coaching in the post-season. We're in some uncharted territory, here, because as fas as I'm aware we haven't fired a coach who made a post-season tournament in the history of the program. 

Moe Iba didn't give the Bobfather the chance.

17 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Langford will not play for Indiana tonight.  NIT is turning into the "Not the Playoff" bowl game for athletes.  

Hopefully Palmer and Roby decide to play or we don't have enough to play!  

I saw another dude wasn't going to play, either; although I can not recall which team it is or whoever it happened to be (but it wasn't Langford, who kind of struck me as a self-serving guy from back when NU stomped their butts...) !