I’ll Call Your Moos & Raise You A Boehm

hhcdave

7 hours ago, hhcdave said:

I just feel lucky that we have the basketball savant that is Marc Boehm getting to work with and oversee his soon to be 4th basketball coach. He’s done such great work here. Consistent winning. Lots of NCAA Tournament appearances in his 19 years. Continued domination of Creighton. Player after player into the NBA. 

Marc also helped oversee the magnificent handling of Connie Yori and ensuring our women’s team lost the one great thing it had over the last 25 years. 

Marketing wise, Marc helped lead this program into all of our hearts. Constantly with the hottest basketball gear for sale. For example, I love that we can find the shirt with Herbie spinning a basketball for sale that literally every Husker fan wants. And I love that we’ve had bobble heads for basketball. 

Oh wait, never mind.  

#LifetimeContract #OnlyConsistentPartOfWorstEraOfHuskerHoopsHistory

#MasteryofSarcasm ☺????

3 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

He has endured numerous bosses.  He must be doing something right that is being recognized and rewarded.

Anyone who has ever had to suffer in a corporate environment knows that personality whose salient trait is ladder climbing and survival. It might be that simple. It might not be. 

Personally, with as much turmoil has swirled around this AD since Byrne, it might be time to take a hard look at the executive level of the entire department. Well-oiled machine it is not. 

Just now, tcp said:

Anyone who has ever had to suffer in a corporate environment knows that personality whose salient trait is ladder climbing and survival. It might be that simple. It might not be. 

Personally, with as much turmoil has swirled around this AD since Byrne, it might be time to take a hard look at the executive level of the entire department. Well-oiled machine it is not. 

Won't disagree...I have lived that life.  But he is an administrator who likely has goals that are to be met or exceeded.  He is now on his fourth AD (fifth if you include Remington).  I would surmise he has done a good job within the framework of his position.  If not, one of the aforementioned AD's surely would have dismissed him.

21 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

He does have a relationship with Howland........

I don''t see Howland leaving Starkville that easily. He has sort of a good gig. Low pressure, nice, pleasant town, close to a couple or three great hoops recruiting grounds, especially Nawlins and Memphis(Atlanta not too far, either), and an easier conference in which to deal. 

He had his "challenge gig" at UCLA, and that didn't work out well for him. He didn't do well with the "diva" kind of recruits that go to those types of programs when they're winning. He won't have to worry about that at MSU. (Or NU, either, to be fair). But I can't see him wanting to rush into another high risk challenge job right now. 

17 hours ago, hhcdave said:

I just feel lucky that we have the basketball savant that is Marc Boehm getting to work with and oversee his soon to be 4th basketball coach. He’s done such great work here. Consistent winning. Lots of NCAA Tournament appearances in his 19 years. Continued domination of Creighton. Player after player into the NBA. 

Marc also helped oversee the magnificent handling of Connie Yori and ensuring our women’s team lost the one great thing it had over the last 25 years. 

Marketing wise, Marc helped lead this program into all of our hearts. Constantly with the hottest basketball gear for sale. For example, I love that we can find the shirt with Herbie spinning a basketball for sale that literally every Husker fan wants. And I love that we’ve had bobble heads for basketball. 

Oh wait, never mind.  

#LifetimeContract #OnlyConsistentPartOfWorstEraOfHuskerHoopsHistory

Yeah, let's blame it all on Boehm, who has absolutely zero responsibility for recruiting, player development, opponent scouting, game-planning, in-game coaching, athletic training, strength training, video coordinating, scheduling, hiring assistants or any other aspect of actually fielding a team.

It'll make me feel so much better when we fire 8 people instead of just 7 when Moos finally announces the decision he's already made. And, while Shim-Sham halftime shows and lack of Nebrasketball apparel options have no impact on wins and losses whatsoever, people need to lose their jobs over the fact that Nebraska has never won an NCAA tourney game, and the more people who get fired for it, the better.

Boehm, you're a dead man walking. Even though nobody who's espoused an opinion about your job status has any idea what's in your job description, our righteous indignation at the program's lack of success will not be salved unless you're forced into early retirement.

Got it?

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Yeah, let's blame it all on Boehm, who has absolutely zero responsibility for recruiting, player development, opponent scouting, game-planning, in-game coaching, athletic training, strength training, video coordinating, scheduling, hiring assistants or any other aspect of actually fielding a team.

It'll make me feel so much better when we fire 8 people instead of just 7 when Moos finally announces the decision he's already made. And, while Shim-Sham halftime shows and lack of Nebrasketball apparel options have no impact on wins and losses whatsoever, people need to lose their jobs over the fact that Nebraska has never won an NCAA tourney game, and the more people who get fired for it, the better.

Boehm, you're a dead man walking. Even though nobody who's espoused an opinion about your job status has any idea what's in your job description, our righteous indignation at the program's lack of success will not be salved unless you're forced into early retirement.

Got it?

Hey, if you think a cushy six figure salary for 20 years with a job description of "OVERSEEING BASKETBALL" (until the last two years when it was magically changed) means lifetime job security, then by all means, keep him. And if you don't think he has any impact on wins, losses, hires, recruits, marketing or apparel, then why is he making six figures and on the payroll in the first place?

For all I know, Dave, he’s doing exactly the job that every athletic director he’s worked for has asked him to do. If his job is to guard the elevator door at north stadium and they’re willing to pay him six figures to do it, it’s no skin off my back. I know for sure it’s not his job to coach the basketball team.

I don't know Dave.  Moos recently restructured the athletic department.  At that time, people did lose jobs and were reassigned.  Those kept were considered necessary and were given specific duties and responsibility.  I guess as someone who is addicted to Nebraska sports, I am not 100% certain who is and who is not a success in their individual roles.  I do know that Mr. Boehm has the following responsibilities:

Boehm has been with Nebraska for 15 years and most recently oversaw all development areas. As Executive Associate Athletic Director, Boehm has oversight of all External Operations including development, ticketing, N Club, marketing, communications, creative and emerging media, HuskerVision, licensing and branding, spirit squads and community, government and charitable relations.

Can you elaborate as to where he is failing within the above categories and why he deserves to be fired?  Living in Lincoln and knowing people within the department, I am not aware of any failures in these categories.  Being in the business world, I am not sure I would fire someone, just because...

Not trying to be rude, but I am curious what you know that I may not know that creates the need to fire him?

33 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I don't know Dave.  Moos recently restructured the athletic department.  At that time, people did lose jobs and were reassigned.  Those kept were considered necessary and were given specific duties and responsibility.  I guess as someone who is addicted to Nebraska sports, I am not 100% certain who is and who is not a success in their individual roles.  I do know that Mr. Boehm has the following responsibilities:

Boehm has been with Nebraska for 15 years and most recently oversaw all development areas. As Executive Associate Athletic Director, Boehm has oversight of all External Operations including development, ticketing, N Club, marketing, communications, creative and emerging media, HuskerVision, licensing and branding, spirit squads and community, government and charitable relations.

Can you elaborate as to where he is failing within the above categories and why he deserves to be fired?  Living in Lincoln and knowing people within the department, I am not aware of any failures in these categories.  Being in the business world, I am not sure I would fire someone, just because...

Not trying to be rude, but I am curious what you know that I may not know that creates the need to fire him?

Yes, of course. What is the second thing he oversees on that list? Ticketing. 

The NIT ticketing debacle this week ring a bell? Big ball drop, no? 

Thats also not even close to what I’m genuinely concerned about. His fingerprints were all over the basketball programs under Peterson and TO. Could it be different now? Possibly. But knowing the debacles he was a part of in past, and that he was hired as a basketball guru, I don’t want him having any part of those types of things anymore. 

All that aside - even if he WAS reassigned under Eichorst or Moos - he’s ALWAYS with men’s basketball, no? He’s consistently on road trips. Year after year. Does that not tell you he still has fingerprints all over basketball and that it’s not still his focus? 

14 hours ago, hhcdave said:

Yes, of course. What is the second thing he oversees on that list? Ticketing. 

The NIT ticketing debacle this week ring a bell? Big ball drop, no? 

Thats also not even close to what I’m genuinely concerned about. His fingerprints were all over the basketball programs under Peterson and TO. Could it be different now? Possibly. But knowing the debacles he was a part of in past, and that he was hired as a basketball guru, I don’t want him having any part of those types of things anymore. 

All that aside - even if he WAS reassigned under Eichorst or Moos - he’s ALWAYS with men’s basketball, no? He’s consistently on road trips. Year after year. Does that not tell you he still has fingerprints all over basketball and that it’s not still his focus? 

I personally do not have an  issue with the NIT ticketing process.  If others do, then so be it.  

Again, I have no real clue what role the man plays, and what is goals or responsibilities are.  I am not privy to his personnel file or his performance review curtails.  I just know that he has had four or five leaders/bosses since he has been here, and he still remains and recently made part of the inner circle by Bill Moos.  

My issue is that without knowing this information, it is hard for me to back the firing of the individual.  With Coach Miles, his position and expectations seem clearer to many.  Yet, with both Boehm and Miles, they are currently employed by the University I attended, all my kids attended and all of whom support the athletic department and its employees.  If there are egregious issues, I will be first in line to seek proper punishment.  But to call for the firing of employees without knowing expectations does not fit within my modus operendi.  Since these two are currently employed they will get my support.  Once they leave, I will support their replacements.  

18 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Add to that list he shows up at almost every Husker football game to stand out on the field with Bill Moos when someone is getting honored.  

• 2 weeks later...