Gutless statement from Moos

PimpMario

14 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

So the guy gets not credit for doing his job. I’m sure there are more than a few people who could have screwed it up. Heck, he was good enough or smart enough to get the right people to trust him. 

He’s going to have hired maybe the best Football/basketball combo in the country. I’ll be the first to give him credit for that.

Listen, you're the one who said he's so much smarter than everyone on here with the, uh, "rose colored glasses."

What's he done that was so brilliant?

13 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

I suppose everyone who is so in love with Miles can go be a fan of wherever he goes next. Nothing wrong with that but your loyalty to mediocrity is fascinating. 

Me, I’ll be celebrating history with Fred and the boys.

I'm a Nebraska fan, that likes Miles.  If we get Fred, I will still be a Husker fan.  Miles could have very well had 3 NCAA berths.  If he gets those, he is still coaching.  Set a school record for conference wins.  Finished 4th in the conference twice.  Highest since the Big 8 days.

You must be an Iowa State Chicago Bulls fan with your fanboy level on Hoiberg.

Edited by brfrad

2 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I'm a Nebraska fan, that likes Miles.  If we get Fred, I will still be a Husker fan.  Miles could have very well had 3 NCAA berths.  If he gets those, he is still coaching.  Set a school record for conference wins.  Finished 4th in the conference twice.  Highest since the Big 8 days.

You make a great point.  Huskers will still support this team and coach.  If there is a change, so be it.  Then we can continue that support.  It’s OK to support this staff right now.  And it’ll be ok to support wherever we’re at next year.

7 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

This is a ridiculous take.  People are so blind with Miles hate that they fail to see all of the good that he's done here.  If we do end up with Hoiberg, you can probably thank Miles.  He shows that it can be done here.  We don’t get Hoiberg if we don’t have Tim.

"If you build it, Hoiberg will come."

13 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

This is a ridiculous take.  People are so blind with Miles hate that they fail to see all of the good that he's done here.  If we do end up with Hoiberg, you can probably thank Miles.  He shows that it can be done here.  We don’t get Hoiberg if we don’t have Tim.

We don't get Hoiberg if we don't have a new arena, practice facillity, fan support, B10 membership, endless $, and the key to Gabrielle Union heart. The program isn't worse than when Tim got here but it hasn't advanced much. 

Edited by DOATHLON

19 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

I suppose everyone who is so in love with Miles can go be a fan of wherever he goes next. Nothing wrong with that but your loyalty to mediocrity is fascinating. 

Me, I’ll be celebrating history with Fred and the boys.

I still follow Sadler's career. The guy couldn't make it happen here, but he had a very admirable level of character. The guy cared so much about this program, and possibly still does. Same will go for Miles when he leaves.

I just feel fortunate that our last few coaches have fought for this program to the very end. That doesn't always happen. I very much hope the same thing with Hoiberg. Hopefully it's a fun ride.

4 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

He kept Frost away from Oregon, Florida and Florida State. He may end up keeping Hoiberg from Alabama, UCLA, and possibly Iowa State. I'm serious when I say this: If he gets hoiberg we better start raising funds for the man's statue. Regardless of what a few but hurt boosters think. 

Can we see if Hoiberg can win here first? Would be the best hire we've had in decades, but let the dude produce some results first.

39 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

He kept Frost away from Oregon, Florida and Florida State. He may end up keeping Hoiberg from Alabama, UCLA, and possibly Iowa State. I'm serious when I say this: If he gets hoiberg we better start raising funds for the man's statue. Regardless of what a few but hurt boosters think. 

That butt with two ts there University of Nebraska grad in advanced PE coach.

34 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Who's "in love" with Miles on here?

I think most people who you think are 'in love with Miles' are just reasonable and fair-minded people who want to see the program given the best opportunity to succeed, regardless who the coach is.

And there are plenty of illustrations people can point to where it appears the AD has unreasonably hamstrung the program in ways that may very well have cost us recruits and/or wins.

I don't recall anyone on this site EVER saying that Miles was beyond criticism, but there sure does seem to be a contingent of posters here -- you among them -- who seem to think that Moos is beyond reproach. If it's OK to criticize the coach, why is it not OK to criticize the AD?

You can criticize him all you want. But don’t act like he’s done nothing.

in addition to two coaching hires I’m sure he will lock up fundraising for improvements to Memorial Stadium.

You know, doing his job.

As a donor, I couldn’t be happier with what Moos is doing and his expectations for the program. I have skin in the game and if I disagreed with how he’s performing I would say it.

2 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

He’s done a lot more in his job in 1.5 years than Miles did in his in 7.

Don't be ridiculous. Miles did something in 2 years that Nebraska basketball hadn't done in 20 years. I know you hate Miles. That's fine. But he's at least accomplished more for this program than some previous coaches have. Albeit, he's had some historically bad seasons too.

Just now, HuskerFever said:

Don't be ridiculous. Miles did something in 2 years that Nebraska basketball hadn't done in 20 years. I know you hate Miles. That's fine. But he's at least accomplished more for this program than some previous coaches have. Albeit, he's had some historically bad seasons too.

And Moos is going to accomplish something that has never been done at Nebraska, hire a real basketball coach. I’m missing your point here.

7 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

He’s done a lot more in his job in 1.5 years than Miles did in his in 7.

Another terrible take.  First Dance in 20 years.  3 post seasons.  Raised the level of recruiting.  Season with one of the most wins.  I could go on, but some people fail to see it because they don’t want to.

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

Another terrible take.  First Dance in 20 years.  3 post seasons.  Raised the level of recruiting.  Season with one of the most wins.  I could go on, but some people fail to see it because they don’t want to.

Terrible take. None of that is doing something for the first time like Moos will accomplish. 

You’re going to have to change your expectations from celebrating the NIT to being pissed when you’re in it. That’s what real programs with real coaches do.