Gutless statement from Moos

PimpMario

On 3/22/2019 at 8:24 AM, huskerbill85 said:

This is a really odd post. He used the money and used Davidson as a back channel. That's great work on his part. Doesn't care about the basketball program but hires one of of the top coaches in the country.

He hasn't cared about the program up to this point.  If he gets Hoiberg then great.  He better support this program in more ways than money and facilities if this is going to work.  

Why would he attend a game when he already knew he was going to have to can the guy? We are just fans, Moos does this for a living and probably didn't like the things he saw on the court, off the court, and at practice. He saw the train derailment coming just like it did every year under Tim. 7 years is like 10 in FB. basketball is the easiest sport to immediately get on track. Tim did that, but he could never replicate it. I wish him the best but this was inevitable. I sat courtside next to the bench for a few games in KC and I saw and heard things that I thought would lead to this meltdown. Unfortunately it came to fruition. This team was a top 15 team and a one point was trending, metrically, as one of the few teams that could make the final four. I wasn't a fair weather fan selling my tickets at the end of the year.I was pissed that Tim squandered the best roster since 1996. I'm pissed we are playing in the crap NIT that has no long term benefit to this program. I'm ready to win and win big, let's start the process. 

wow you are just full of surprises, court side tickets?  Gosh if we had know you where so connected nobody on this board would have ever questioned you.

We should all be happy that you didn't throw lightning bolts at us for ever questioning any thing that you sprewed.

Oh please forgive us, the unwashed masses.

Edited by Silverbacked1

12 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

wow you are just full of surprises, court side tickets?  Gosh if we had know you where so connected nobody on this board would have ever questioned you.

We should all be happy that you didn't throw lightning bolts at us for ever questioning any thing that you sprewed.

Oh please forgive us, the unwashed masses.

I have a degree in exercise science from the university of Nebraska too. ?  Probably shouldn't question me. 

On 3/22/2019 at 10:32 PM, TimSmiles said:

lol. why are people still posting in this thread? 

we're getting hoiberg and moos was correct to not extend miles last year.

i was confused by his statement last friday, but clearly it just meant that he wants miles and the players to get the chance to play in the NIT before firing miles.

So, Moos knew Copeland was going to blow out a knee in January? Wow, that guy is prescient. What's he doing at Nebraska. He should be winning the lottery and such.

16 hours ago, DOATHLON said:

How do you know Moos hasn't cared. Not giving contract extension like Oprah gives out cars to a coach that hasn't done much other than recruit well sounds like he cares. He knew he would be criticized by the media .

OK, I gotta give you credit for the "Oprah gives out  cars" line.

2 hours ago, DOATHLON said:

Why would he attend a game when he already knew he was going to have to can the guy? We are just fans, Moos does this for a living and probably didn't like the things he saw on the court, off the court, and at practice. He saw the train derailment coming just like it did every year under Tim. 7 years is like 10 in FB. basketball is the easiest sport to immediately get on track. Tim did that, but he could never replicate it. I wish him the best but this was inevitable. I sat courtside next to the bench for a few games in KC and I saw and heard things that I thought would lead to this meltdown. Unfortunately it came to fruition. This team was a top 15 team and a one point was trending, metrically, as one of the few teams that could make the final four. I wasn't a fair weather fan selling my tickets at the end of the year.I was pissed that Tim squandered the best roster since 1996. I'm pissed we are playing in the crap NIT that has no long term benefit to this program. I'm ready to win and win big, let's start the process. 

He'd have to go to practice in order to not like what he sees at practice.

Edited by Norm Peterson

2 hours ago, DOATHLON said:

You're coming off to strong for Norm here, he certainly has an agenda of defending Miles.  If not, he doesn't have much for aspirations for the program.  Look at Miles record, his record against Creighton, and his lack of ability to lead teams with enough talent to the NCAA tournament.  Insults aside, results are what really matters.

51 minutes ago, Borderpatroler said:

You're coming off to strong for Norm here, he certainly has an agenda of defending Miles.  If not, he doesn't have much for aspirations for the program.  Look at Miles record, his record against Creighton, and his lack of ability to lead teams with enough talent to the NCAA tournament.  Insults aside, results are what really matters.

He wasn’t even responding to Norm here.  Nice try though.

4 hours ago, DOATHLON said:

He knew he was going to can Miles at the Indiana game?  That was a big deal for him to be there too.

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

So, Moos knew Copeland was going to blow out a knee in January? Wow, that guy is prescient. What's he doing at Nebraska. He should be winning the lottery and such.

The season was off the rails before cope got hurt. It was a typical Miles season before the injury except for beating Creighton. 

1 hour ago, DOATHLON said:

The season was off the rails before cope got hurt. It was a typical Miles season before the injury except for beating Creighton. 

Agree. Maybe Moos was paying attention and could tell that nothing had really changed and it was going to be same old same old. Some might say he was paying close attention, you know, doing his job. But there are some on here that like to paint the picture he has no clue what he’s doing and isn’t paying attention. Maybe Bill is just that much smarter than those on here with rose colored glasses. Weird, maybe that’s why he gets paid $1 million a year.

6 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

Maybe Bill is just that much smarter than those on here with rose colored glasses. Weird, maybe that’s why he gets paid $1 million a year.

Im getting my popcorn ready bc there are a handful of ppl on this board who seem to think they are the smartest person in the room and will prob take offense to this. ???

10 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

Agree. Maybe Moos was paying attention and could tell that nothing had really changed and it was going to be same old same old. Some might say he was paying close attention, you know, doing his job. But there are some on here that like to paint the picture he has no clue what he’s doing and isn’t paying attention. Maybe Bill is just that much smarter than those on here with rose colored glasses. Weird, maybe that’s why he gets paid $1 million a year.

Couldn't agree with you more. 

1 hour ago, HoiBall said:

Really? Justification for that?

1 hour ago, HoiBall said:

Are you saying it never would have occurred to you to go after Scott Frost? That Moos guy, he's a genius. 

11 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Are you saying it never would have occurred to you to go after Scott Frost? That Moos guy, he's a genius. 

So the guy gets not credit for doing his job. I’m sure there are more than a few people who could have screwed it up. Heck, he was good enough or smart enough to get the right people to trust him. 

He’s going to have hired maybe the best Football/basketball combo in the country. I’ll be the first to give him credit for that.

9 minutes ago, HoiBall said:
22 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

So the guy gets not credit for doing his job. I’m sure there are more than a few people who could have screwed it up. Heck, he was good enough or smart enough to get the right people to trust him. 

He’s going to have hired maybe the best Football/basketball combo in the country. I’ll be the first to give him credit for that.

I will say that even though Moos hasn't done anything that's been revolutionary, he's been able to follow through and make the remedial possible. Something that can't be said about some past ADs.