Gutless statement from Moos

PimpMario

7 minutes ago, royalfan said:

I think this speaks in large part to how miles has ran the program.  Clean, likeable, and now showing another side with some toughness.  This wasn’t a complete no brainer by any means, and there remain people on both sides of the fence and many of us sort of straddling that fence.  This is why this is a big deal.  I think many folks feel Miles deserved good treatment on the way out at the very least.  This leads to probably making Moos actions a bigger deal than they may actually be.  

It’s a unique situation. The biggest knock on Moos is, take basketball as seriously as you do football. But if he did go get Hoiberg, that would  the biggest all-in moment in Nebrasketball history. 

7 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

This fan base really doesn't deserve Bill Moos. After the BS rumors regarding him being a drunk despite getting us the biggest name coach for football and now this? What a joke. 

As a reminder since we haven't seen bill85 in a couple of years, here's one of his past winner posts:

Nope gonna watch the lame duck coach flame out and hopefully the rest of the athletic department is out the door with him.

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

As a reminder since we haven't seen bill85 in a couple of years, here's one of his past winner posts:

Nope gonna watch the lame duck coach flame out and hopefully the rest of the athletic department is out the door with him.

Ah yes those were the days when people defended Eichorst. This university hit a grand slam with Moos.

51 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

Ah yes those were the days when people defended Eichorst. This university hit a grand slam with Moos.

Hopefully with regard to coach hiring that will turn out to be true.  That doesn't mean any of his actions/non-actions can't be questioned.   And as for all rumors to be "BS", I suspect you don't live in Lincoln and know what some of us know.  

4 minutes ago, HB said:

Hopefully with regard to coach hiring that will turn out to be true.  That doesn't mean any of his actions/non-actions can't be questioned.   And as for all rumors to be "BS", I suspect you don't live in Lincoln and know what some of us know.  

You can say that again.

26 minutes ago, HB said:

Not sure I really care. He was hired to bring in Scott Frost and he did that. Hoiberg is the best hire in school basketball history. Sad Moos can do this drunk (according to you and those in the "know") While Pederson, Osborne, Eichorst, ect couldnt hire a competent coach.

Edited by huskerbill85

1 hour ago, huskerbill85 said:

Not sure I really care. He was hired to bring in Scott Frost and he did that. Hoiberg is the best hire in school basketball history. Sad Moos can do this drunk (according to you and those in the "know") While Pederson, Osborne, Eichorst, ect couldnt hire a competent coach.

So we go from “Bills an innocent angel” to “who cares if he’s the devil because he hired these coaches?”

Quick switch Bill.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

So we go from “Bills an innocent angel” to “who cares if he’s the devil because he hired these coaches?”

Quick switch Bill.

I guess drinking “too much” isn’t a terrible offense in my mind. Maybe I don’t know the extent of it... maybe it’s affecting his performance and I don’t know it... but otherwise, it seems like something that people who already don’t like Moos will use against him. 

I really like Miles (a lot), but I think he has character flaws that people who don’t like him could summon up against him, too. In fact, I’m pretty certain we all do. 

Edited by nebrasketball10

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Quick switch Bill.

There's no proof but a bunch of heresay that people in Lincolon only seem to know about. Moos was brought here to bring Frost and he did that. Hoiberg is a tremendous hire. Moos has done a kick ass job. Period. The virtue signaling you guys do on here is hilarious BTW.

1 hour ago, nebrasketball10 said:

I guess drinking “too much” isn’t a terrible offense in my mind. Maybe I don’t know the extent of it... maybe it’s affecting his performance and I don’t know it... but otherwise, it seems like something that people who already don’t like Moos will use against him. 

I really like Miles (a lot), but I think he has character flaws that people who don’t like him could summon up against him, too. In fact, I’m pretty certain we all do. 

You can say that again. I think we all remember the rumors about Miles a couple years into the job

If I recall correctly, it was coming from some boosters who have interacted with him at events, which went beyond just drinking but also involved active hands. Am I able to verify what I heard? No.

Speaking of drinking too much.    It’s 3:45 and I have a $129 bar tab already 

7 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

This fan base really doesn't deserve Bill Moos. After the BS rumors regarding him being a drunk despite getting us the biggest name coach for football and now this? What a joke. 

Yet this board is defending the staff that likely put out those rumors..................bet that gets me some more down votes. BTW, I love what Bill has done with Tennis. It's about time we stop sucking at that sport

Edited by DOATHLON

7 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

There's no proof but a bunch of heresay that people in Lincolon only seem to know about. Moos was brought here to bring Frost and he did that. Hoiberg is a tremendous hire. Moos has done a kick ass job. Period. The virtue signaling you guys do on here is hilarious BTW.

How has he done a kickass job?  Cause he had $35m and Matt Davison at his expense?  He has little to no care about this bball program along with the other ADs for 25 years.  If he does get Hoiberg I sure hope its a thorough cleansing and some support and care is put in otherwise it could get worse.