Gutless statement from Moos

PimpMario

14 minutes ago, HB said:

Wait until you hear of his  interaction (or lack thereof) with women's basketball.  ?

Actually, the only one I have seen at the womens games, is Ronnie Green. and he is at almost everyone one of them, if he is there is wife always is. And then there is that other creep Pearlman, he is at all of the games as well. Pearlman sits three rows above me in my section 106, And Green sits in the next section 107.  

11 hours ago, LNKtrnsplnt said:

Never have I said ‘wow this arena is so cool, this makes me want to go to a game’ IMO new isn’t always better.  Much like houses, arenas that are brand new have zero character. We go to support the great talent that miles brought in. 

Moos is a little b. 

You really believe the attendance boost has zero to do with building PBA? You think the Devaney would be filled to the rafters right now? Wow, okay...i disagree. 

If we are to assume this great talent is the truth...why has the product on the court been mediocre at best?

13 minutes ago, brfrad said:

He said he wanted consistency in the program.  Well, last year we got a 5 seed in the NIT.  If we do get a 3 seed in the NIT.  Isn't that being consistent?

I don’t think he meant consistently mediocre. He said he wanted to see us win 22 games this year and see how the team/staff handled high expectations.  I don’t think finishing 13th in the Big Ten is what the administration had in mind. 

I really don’t give a rats ass about Moos. I don’t even think he will be apart of the potential coaching search. He should have been in Chicago yesterday to give Miles his walking papers or his extension. Whatever it is. There is no sense in dragging this thing out one way or the other. 

Edited by huskerbaseball13

12 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I played small division football, so I won't act like its the same thing. But I never once noticed if our AD was at a game, nor did I care. If our athletes are noticing these things, they are focusing on the wrong thing, it shouldn't even enter their mind if Moos is at a game or not. We should be breaking down why in 7 years we have only made 1 tournament. Why did we look like nails for 1 week in March, but over the course of 2 months, we looked like we would rather be at bars talking to girls and not playing basketball. There are far bigger things plaguing this program then our ADs game attendance. And ill admit there are flaws that need to be addressed within our athletic department, but show me a team of guys worried about what the athletic administration is doing and ill show you a team of guys not accomplishing goals on the court.

I would welcome your break-down of why in 7 years we have only made 1 tournament.

Just now, huskerbaseball13 said:

I don’t think he meant consistently mediocre. He said he wanted to see us win 22 games this year and see how the team/staff handled high expectations.  I don’t think finishing 13th in the Big Ten is what the administration had in mind. 

Our 22 wins last year, got us a road game for the NIT. 18 wins this year, gets us a home game in the NIT.  Unless you truly believe we were suppose to be in the tournament, this is the exact same season as last year.  The only difference is the Big 10 was a grind this year, and we lost Copeland with 12 games left.

I look at sports-reference.com.  Their rating system based on schedules makes this the 2nd best season in school history, behind the 26 - 8 team.  Last year's was 10th.  Their SOS metric's top 3 seasons in school history have been Miles' led teams.

16 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

You really believe the attendance boost has zero to do with building PBA? You think the Devaney would be filled to the rafters right now? Wow, okay...i disagree. 

If we are to assume this great talent is the truth...why has the product on the court been mediocre at best?

I preferred Devaney to be quite honest. I still go to the games; I'm not boycotting the place. But PBA is NOT why I go to the games.

1 minute ago, brfrad said:

Our 22 wins last year, got us a road game for the NIT. 18 wins this year, gets us a home game in the NIT.  Unless you truly believe we were suppose to be in the tournament, this is the exact same season as last year.  The only difference is the Big 10 was a grind this year, and we lost Copeland with 12 games left.

I look at sports-reference.com.  Their rating system based on schedules makes this the 2nd best season in school history, behind the 26 - 8 team.  Last year's was 10th.  Their SOS metric's top 3 seasons in school history have been Miles' led teams.

Im only given you what Moos said.  I don’t think NIT was the goal this year. But, maybe the administration will factor in Copeland’s injury. 

2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I preferred Devaney to be quite honest. I still go to the games; I'm not boycotting the place. But PBA is NOT why I go to the games.

Everyone that posts on this board is a fanatic. We are going to games regardless as to where they are played. I liked the Bob as well. With that said...the bar scene around Haymarket and the overall environment is going to draw a large crowd at the PBA. 

Regardless I don’t see the attendance being a final factor on Miles so it’s probably a moot point. 

3 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Everyone that posts on this board is a fanatic. We are going to games regardless as to where they are played. I liked the Bob as well. With that said...the bar scene around Haymarket and the overall environment is going to draw a large crowd at the PBA. 

Regardless I don’t see the attendance being a final factor on Miles so it’s probably a moot point. 

Attendance would be factored in IF it were an issue.  Right now it isn't one.  If Miles is gone, which I think by the wordage used  in the statement by Moos is the case, it will be for not winning enough this year.

1 minute ago, ladyhusker said:

The other thing I keep thinking about this morning -- local guys like Sip and Dirk are all in a tizzy about Andy Katz's statement on BTN that we should know our place and such. That's hogwash, they say. We can run a clean program AND have consistent success.

I agree with them there, but where we diverge is in the responsibility assigned to various parties in facilitating that. It would be a pretty big accomplishment for a coach to turn a historically mediocre program into a consistent winner, without breaking any rules, in 7 years when everyone is pulling together. But when you have an administration that time and time again gets in its own way, there HAS to be some personal reflection on that. Quite honestly, until this department decides to actually treat basketball as anything but an afterthought, it only proves Katz right. Putting up a pretty building doesn't mitigate the damage it inflicts on its own reputation every time it blunders -- and the blunders are as consistent as our record in the NCAA. If you don't take your own program seriously, you cannot expect the national media (or potential coaching candidates) to do so either.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If Miles is gone, that’s the biggest issue. What decent candidate is going to look at the external optics of how the administration has handled the last year and think this is a good place to coach or build their career? It’s a bad look all around. If what everyone outside the program sees is this bad, I can only imagine what is said in private conversations between any candidates and Miles and his staff is worse.

24 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

The other thing I keep thinking about this morning -- local guys like Sip and Dirk are all in a tizzy about Andy Katz's statement on BTN that we should know our place and such. That's hogwash, they say. We can run a clean program AND have consistent success.

I agree with them there, but where we diverge is in the responsibility assigned to various parties in facilitating that. It would be a pretty big accomplishment for a coach to turn a historically mediocre program into a consistent winner, without breaking any rules, in 7 years when everyone is pulling together. But when you have an administration that time and time again gets in its own way, there HAS to be some personal reflection on that. Quite honestly, until this department decides to actually treat basketball as anything but an afterthought, it only proves Katz right. Putting up a pretty building doesn't mitigate the damage it inflicts on its own reputation every time it blunders -- and the blunders are as consistent as our record in the NCAA. If you don't take your own program seriously, you cannot expect the national media (or potential coaching candidates) to do so either.

I'm sorry, I always get confused when the guy next to me at games starts up on this.  In comparison to other like programs in terms of conference, geography, and financial ability....could you please elaborate on how the administration hasn't taken the program "seriously"?  I frequent Kansas State games and on occasion, Wichita State.  I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that our administration has provided exponentially better facilities and financial backing into our basketball program than either of those two.  One thing that I really don't think has any credibility to explain away our lack of tournament appearances in the past 7 years is a blame on administrative backing.  That sounds like sour grapes to me. 

Edited by Borderpatroler

20 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I would welcome your break-down of why in 7 years we have only made 1 tournament.

I’m a simple kind of man. We didn’t win enough basketball games. Coaching contributed, roster management contributed, hell even administrative support contributed. But bottom line is, over the last 7 years we didn’t win enough games. 

2 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I’m a simple kind of man. We didn’t win enough basketball games. Coaching contributed, roster management contributed, hell even administrative support contributed. But bottom line is, over the last 7 years we didn’t win enough games. 

"You are what your record says you are"...  Bill Parcells, NFL legendary coach, NY Giants.

He wasn't real big on making excuses for losing alot.

2 hours ago, ladyhusker said:

Not just an article -- an objectively well-written article that paints you as a villain who is putting unnecessary stress on your coach, his staff, and their families, while setting up the locker room against you. Meanwhile you can't even be further quoted because you're off hanging out in California. Heck of a "let them eat cake" moment for literally no reason.

Marie Antoi-Moos. There's some PR fun for ya. By the way, I owe you a downvote retraction form my silly joke yesterday and I, um, can't find the post....;) A little help? 

46 minutes ago, Borderpatroler said:

I'm sorry, I always get confused when the guy next to me at games starts up on this.  In comparison to other like programs in terms of conference, geography, and financial ability....could you please elaborate on how the administration hasn't taken the program "seriously"?  I frequent Kansas State games and on occasion, Wichita State.  I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that our administration has provided exponentially better facilities and financial backing into our basketball program than either of those two.  One thing that I really don't think has any credibility to explain away our lack of tournament appearances in the past 7 years is a blame on administrative backing.  That sounds like sour grapes to me. 

We are 11th in the big ten in spending for basketball.  It takes the basketball team 8 months to get a display for their Adidas display for recruiting, while the football team can completely change class schedules.  I am not complaining about footbal, rather I want the same commitment to basketball.  Our administrative commitment has been the same as our finish in the conference.  They were also going to go cheap on the practice faculty until doners  were going to pull the funding when they saw the constitution plans.  Also PBA is a commitment from the city of Lincoln not the university.

1 hour ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Your absolutely right. Think about that SW Minnesota St game where we're playing a Div II team that we are going to kill and you can't get a ticket at face value.  That isn't happening at the Devaney Center.

12 minutes ago, jdw said:

We are 11th in the big ten in spending for basketball.  It takes the basketball team 8 months to get a display for their Adidas display for recruiting, while the football team can completely change class schedules.  I am not complaining about footbal, rather I want the same commitment to basketball.  Our administrative commitment has been the same as our finish in the conference.  They were also going to go cheap on the practice faculty until doners  were going to pull the funding when they saw the constitution plans.  Also PBA is a commitment from the city of Lincoln not the university.

Source that we’re 11th in spending?

55 minutes ago, hhcscott said:

I think the national media has a point and a bias when they say Nebraska competing on the biggest stage is improbable, because it's a small state, smallest in the B1G, and it lacks the wealth of in-state talent, and it lacks obvious natural recruiting lures (beaches, sun, major cities) you only have to look at the thread on the flooding on our very own board to see why Nebraska isn't for everyone. 

BUT...the administration has failed the fans, the coaches, and the players by not giving 100% to the effort to make the MBB program a priority and make us at least as competitive as the Creightons/ISUs/KSUs of the world. 

Tim may not be THE guy...but if the support doesn't change, no one ever will be. 

Dave Van Horn might disagree. 

1 hour ago, Borderpatroler said:

"You are what your record says you are"...  Bill Parcells, NFL legendary coach, NY Giants.

He wasn't real big on making excuses for losing alot.

Bill Parcels coached in the NFL where every team gets a first-round draft pick.

Let's see ol' Bill take over at KU and see what he thinks he is.