Gutless statement from Moos

PimpMario

19 minutes ago, a0t0w0 said:

F Bill.  He cheated attendance numbers at WSU.   We dont need to cheat shit.  PBA is and has been effing top notch.  Tim Miles is not fireable at this point BECAUSE THE FANS CLEARLY SHOW.  I will be eff wording furious if the cycle of mid major coach shit starts again.  

Moos is a dbag.  Any asshat NU hired as "AD" could have bought scofro for 5 mil.  Do not give him an ounce of credit.

Miles is not fireable because we had 12K fans show up down the stretch? 

Do people really believe that fans show up to watch Nebrasketball because of Tim Miles and not because we still have a hell of an arena to watch a game?

I still can't get over the fact that there was nary a positive word in that statement about the last few days. Why is Ronnie Green showing more public support and praise for the effort the team and coaches put out over the last few days than our own athletic administration? If you're going to say anything at all (which clearly was ill-advised to begin with), how do you not even acknowledge what every sports media outlet in the country was talking about? Ugh, the more I think about it the madder I get.

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

I just don't get it.  IF Miles is to be fired, then do it.  If you are going to keep him, then stop the torture.  Still evaluating???  Come on man.  

Agreed.  Released a statement that you will make another statement.  Makes no sense.  Why tell him he coaches NIT and is done? If the team knows that do they play hard for the coach or say f u to the admin? Tough call and I wish the admin would support this team outside of the facilities garbage talk.  There has been no support or direction or care from an AD in 25 years.

1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

If we're being honest, I don't care if Moos statement was him farting  into a microphone for 30 seconds, as long as he hires a coach that wins us our first NCAA game. HHC - R*E*L*A*X...

I agree. But this statement has me feeling he (A) doesn't have someone in place and (B) is now scrambling to figure something out. 

I hope nobody forgets that Bill could have left tomorrow morning and still made it to his sons spring game tomorrow. 

I have zero issue with him going to watch his sons spring game. I do have an issue with his timing on everything. He could have easily stayed for two more games. It’s almost like he wanted to be in Chicago to watch them lose to Rutgers for the icing on his personal cake. 

If he had not gone to any game at all it would have been a better look.

Edited by nuhusker7

Just now, cornfed24-7 said:

I agree. But this statement has me feeling he (A) doesn't have someone in place and (B) is now scrambling to figure something out. 

I'm not 100% confident in him, but I'm I'm also gonna let the guy do his job. Your scenarios could be accurate, but he also could have a home run hire lined up - we have no clue, just have to wait and see. 

5 minutes ago, nuhusker7 said:

I hope nobody forgets that Bill could have left tomorrow morning and still made it to his sons spring game tomorrow. 

I have zero issue with him going to watch his sons spring game. I do have an issue with his timing on everything. He could have easily stayed for two more games. It’s almost like he wanted to be in Chicago to watch them lose to Rutgers for the icing on her personal cake. 

If he had not gone to any game at all it would have been a better look.

I bet he pees on a Tim Miles urinal cake and plots how to further ruin Tim's life in his free time. I bet he's not even in California, but greasing Tim's kitchen floors with butter so he can laugh at him, when he falls over.

Edited by The Polish Rifle

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

I'm not 100% confident in him, but I'm I'm also gonna let the guy do his job. Your scenarios could be accurate, but he also could have a home run hire lined up - we have no clue, just have to wait and see. 

Agreed but my confidence in him is in free fall. It's not like everyone didn't know what this season was...Put up or shut up so to speak. And now somehow making the NIT is a factor. Really? I mean come on. 

7 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I bet he pees on a Tim Miles urinal cake and plots how to further ruin Tim's life in his free time. I bet he's not even in California, but greasing Tim's kitchen floors with butter so he can laugh at him, when he falls over.

Ah, that makes Miles fall in the tunnel Wednesday a lot easier to understand. Check Moos' credit card statement for a random purchase of Crisco.

25 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Agreed but my confidence in him is in free fall. It's not like everyone didn't know what this season was...Put up or shut up so to speak. And now somehow making the NIT is a factor. Really? I mean come on. 

Dude, it is not a factor. He made his decision long long ago. The statement was just a cover to buy him time while he's in California all weekend.

23 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Its all fine and dandy to think his absence is nothing.  To some fans it’s nothing and to others it’s something.  But when you have players that are upset about it and mentioning it, that doesn’t look good.  Obviously the players feel a lack of support from the administration.  That’s a problem that needs fixed.  So for us fans, we can keep making jokes.  But that absence meant something to the players which makes this more of an issue than some fans might want to lead on.

2 hours ago, PimpMario said:

I mean our fans are pretty smart.  Most realize the nit is a glorified exhibition just like bowl games.

A lot of the fans around me today didn't really know what those on this board know as far as the whole progression of the season, etc. Given all the goodwill surrounding Miles right now after this late run in the tourney, it's maybe not the most sensical thing to give him the axe right after the game. From what I've heard Moos told Miles he'd have a statement within an hour after the game, so he felt he had to say SOMETHING. Pretty sure Moos would be catching crap no matter what he had done or said after the game.

2 hours ago, a0t0w0 said:

Any asshat NU hired as "AD" could have bought scofro for 5 mil.  Do not give him an ounce of credit.

This is not necessarily true ... Osborne thought well of Moos and the new University leadership and that meant a lot to Frost ... but of course that is a side point. Again, it's more good timing for Moos that a former player was a sought after coach than skill, but still he had to pass the "test" for several people close to Frost.

14 minutes ago, MilesDavis said:

Dude, it is not a factor. He made his decision long long ago. The statement was just a cover to buy him time while he's in California all weekend.

But that's my whole point. He doesn't need cover. We all know what this is. What cover do you need if you have all your ducks in a row. 

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Its all fine and dandy to think his absence is nothing.  To some fans it’s nothing and to others it’s something.  But when you have players that are upset about it and mentioning it, that doesn’t look good.  Obviously the players feel a lack of support from the administration.  That’s a problem that needs fixed.  So for us fans, we can keep making jokes.  But that absence meant something to the players which makes this more of an issue than some fans might want to lead on.

I played small division football, so I won't act like its the same thing. But I never once noticed if our AD was at a game, nor did I care. If our athletes are noticing these things, they are focusing on the wrong thing, it shouldn't even enter their mind if Moos is at a game or not. We should be breaking down why in 7 years we have only made 1 tournament. Why did we look like nails for 1 week in March, but over the course of 2 months, we looked like we would rather be at bars talking to girls and not playing basketball. There are far bigger things plaguing this program then our ADs game attendance. And ill admit there are flaws that need to be addressed within our athletic department, but show me a team of guys worried about what the athletic administration is doing and ill show you a team of guys not accomplishing goals on the court.

58 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

If we're being honest, I don't care if Moos statement was him farting  into a microphone for 30 seconds, as long as he hires a coach that wins us our first NCAA game. HHC - R*E*L*A*X...

A 30 second fart?  Now THAT I’d like to hear.