Gutless statement from Moos

PimpMario

Something I've considered is that from the time when Miles job security started getting brought up he has stuck by the statement "I will look at it at the end of the season."

Not defending him at all. Think he's doing a horrible job with this. But he is sticking to that. He shouldn't have even made a statement to begin with honestly. Let Michael Lewis or Armon Gates coach them at the NIT game. There is so much wrong with this.

This also tells me he probably doesn't have a "slam dunk hire" lined up. Altman got extended. Hoiberg is looking to stay in the pros. Matta by all indication is getting hired by UNLV. Anyone else I'm missing? 

Edited by thrasher31

8 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Something I've considered is that from the time when Miles job security started getting brought up he has stuck by the statement "I will look at it at the end of the season."

Not defending him at all. Think he's doing a horrible job with this. But he is sticking to that. He shouldn't have even made a statement to begin with honestly. Let Michael Lewis or Armon Gates coach them at the NIT game. There is so much wrong with this.

This also tells me he probably doesn't have a "slam dunk hire" lined up. Altman got extended. Hoiberg is looking to stay in the pros. Matta by all indication is getting hired by UNLV. Anyone else I'm missing? 

He's also kind of selective with that policy. Openly backed Darin Erstad in the middle of last season (which is not a criticism from me, I like Darin a lot and 100% believe he SHOULD have been supported like that) -- but that was also 10 days after his 1-year extension announcement for Miles, before which he kept hammering the "no comment" line. I thought maybe he learned his lesson but looks as though he didn't.

Agree thrasher,  so say:

• Nothing
  • Congratulate them on the run and reiterate that you will make the decision after the season.
  • Be at the game and congratulate them on the run and schedule a meeting with your coach for Sunday.
  • If it's over, then fire him.
  • If it's not over then Pat Chamber's him (say he will be back)

or many many other options better than what he did.  I don't get it, just put out some b.s. that makes it look like you care and like most of the rest of the country you admired how they played.  Incompetence in my opinion.

I’ve read about 20 other ways to handle the situation on this board and nearly every one is better than what happened today.  That shouldn’t be the case.

Quit trying to break the team.  That’s BS.  Stringing Tim along only puts more pressure and clouds over the players heads if we get an NIT bid.  At least give the players a chance to play loose by making a decision.  The minds already made up.  

He said he evaluates after the season is done and this is consistent with that. If he doesn't have someone lined up, it buys him more time. I would imagine we reached out to Altman's people and he didn't want to come here but used it to secure a quick extension (I don't even know that it means we offered Altman, just that any contact was used as leverage for an immediate extension by his people). To me it means he wants to fire him, but doesn't have anything secured ... otherwise, I agree that you let him go and let the assistants coach the team in the NIT or refuse the bid. I can imagine after the positive feelings of the B1G tourney that would not look so good however.

This was my concern with Moos and basketball.  All his incentives are tied to fixing football.  Pretty much every other way outlined on this board would have been a better way to handle than said statement.  Miles deserves better.  Nebraska basketball deserves better.  Nebraska basketball fans deserve better.

Just now, Husker4theSpurs said:

He said he evaluates after the season is done and this is consistent with that. If he doesn't have someone lined up, it buys him more time. I would imagine we reached out to Altman's people and he didn't want to come here but used it to secure a quick extension (I don't even know that it means we offered Altman, just that any contact was used as leverage for an immediate extension by his people). To me it means he wants to fire him, but doesn't have anything secured ... otherwise, I agree that you let him go and let the assistants coach the team in the NIT or refuse the bid. I can imagine after the positive feelings of the B1G tourney that would not look so good however.

The season is over, unless you think we are somehow dancing.  The freaking NIT doesn't count.  

You want to know why Nebraska is never any good in basketball, look right at the administrations.  From the coaches they hire, to the administration support for the coaches (i.e. tim miles the last two years), I'll even throw out the Roburt Sallie mess (which doesn't happen if he is a football player).  When our administration starts to take our basketball program seriously, then I will.  Rant done.

13 minutes ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

I think this is the case as well.

And I'm in that weird spot between trying to figure out if I'm griping about nothing, or that announcing that you'll have an announcement in 45 minutes and it turns out to be an announcement about a future announcement is just poorly executed.

F Bill.  He cheated attendance numbers at WSU.   We dont need to cheat shit.  PBA is and has been effing top notch.  Tim Miles is not fireable at this point BECAUSE THE FANS CLEARLY SHOW.  I will be eff wording furious if the cycle of mid major coach shit starts again.  

Moos is a dbag.  Any asshat NU hired as "AD" could have bought scofro for 5 mil.  Do not give him an ounce of credit.

They way this AD and all of the admin handles this program just shows lack of care and respect.  Laughing stock even more now.  What a joke.  Just cause he got a former player  to coach football here doesnt make him a hero.  Why say anything?  Why release that statement as the players and coaches are coming down after the game.  Im starting to get pissed and making hard to still be a fan.  At this point I really do feel sorry for Miles in lieu of his career record and performance here.

4 minutes ago, coughunter said:

They way this AD and all of the admin handles this program just shows lack of care and respect.  Laughing stock even more now.  What a joke.  Just cause he got a former player  to coach football here doesnt make him a hero.  Why say anything?  Why release that statement as the players and coaches are coming down after the game.  Im starting to get pissed and making hard to still be a fan.  At this point I really do feel sorry for Miles in lieu of his career record and performance here.

Moos had very little to do with getting frost here. Frost was coming here as long as eichorst wasn't here. this was his dream job. matt davison arguably did more to get frost than moos did. if moos screws up this hire, might as well make davison the AD.