uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 34 - Big Ten Tournament vs. Wisconsin

uneblinstu

2 hours ago, tcp said:

He's earned it. I think we needed to make a change. But this is not how to do it. And I love that Tim and the guys made it hard. 

Moos needed to just say we'll get back with you if we have anything to say. Have a nice weekend. 

Now it looks like an episode of the Sopranos. 

I agree we need to make a change. Wait, are we talking about Miles or Moos here?

3 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Obviously he told Miles about the upcoming (non)statement before the game since Tim mentioned it in the postgame presser. Why? This doesn't make sense at all.

I'd imagine Boehm delivered the news to Miles about the statement after the game. Which means Boehm was privy to how this was going to go down. 

Agree that none of it makes any sense.

18 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Proud of the fight this team displayed over the past week.  Yet, I have mixed feelings.  Where was this fight in January and February.  So I have a mix of pride and frustration tonight. 

It only takes one player to take down the whole squad,

46 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

It only takes one player to take down the whole squad,

Hmmm, interesting point but I guess I will play devil's advocate and say if there was 1 player that was a cancer (say Nana), you would think Miles would lean on his experience with Biggs and would have suspended him much sooner

2 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Hmmm, interesting point but I guess I will play devil's advocate and say if there was 1 player that was a cancer (say Nana), you would think Miles would lean on his experience with Biggs and would have suspended him much sooner

Sometimes you don’t know you have cancer until you get “checked out.”  Then when you finally start going through treatment, you realize how much better you feel.

9 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Can also put together some pieces from that Goodman podcast too...if there was pressure to keep Jordy, as he alluded to, surely there was some pressure to keep the active roster this year as well. And like that conversation between Nick Bahe and Jake Muhleisen said last year, when you're coaching for your job you don't necessarily have the luxury of enacting discipline as you might like (or as you might think is best in the long run). I'd be surprised if it wasn't apparent earlier on, but Miles also got a little more daring with his disciplinary tactics once it seemed the writing was on the wall (like benching the starters at Michigan). No job to lose at that point, so do what's right, not what will keep you and your staff employed.

22 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

Can also put together some pieces from that Goodman podcast too...if there was pressure to keep Jordy, as he alluded to, surely there was some pressure to keep the active roster this year as well. And like that conversation between Nick Bahe and Jake Muhleisen said last year, when you're coaching for your job you don't necessarily have the luxury of enacting discipline as you might like (or as you might think is best in the long run). I'd be surprised if it wasn't apparent earlier on, but Miles also got a little more daring with his disciplinary tactics once it seemed the writing was on the wall (like benching the starters at Michigan). No job to lose at that point, so do what's right, not what will keep you and your staff employed.

Spot on Lady.

Using the NIT as an excuse to postpone any coaching decision was the biggest BS call ever. Any competent AD would have already made the decision, and postponing it only will result on confusing players about returning next year or recruits about reconsidering. Could the team play in the NIT with one of the assistants coaching? Just ask Bo Pelini or Barney Cotton if it would be possible. Any way you cut it, this is just an awkward and embarrassing PR situation. It almost makes it look like the AD is hoping we might get beaten by Creighton to end the year to make letting Miles go more palatable to those who back him. 

Huskers being media darlings of the week probably made this a whole lot tougher, too. Dammit, I wish they won yesterday, because this would've been the funniest sports week in years. We may gripe about BTNs coverage of this team, but that network has carried heavy water for this program this week. 

Heck of a tourney
Funniest thing I saw though
Was in the stands of the Maryland game pretty much for the whole 2nd half a
A drunk indiana fan was heckling and talking a lot about our players for some reason and then too the players family as well.
And by the end of the game Tanners dad was 1 of the few people being held back by a few people and security from beating the crap outta this guy.
Robys mom was not having it either
she dont care.
your not gonna talk about any of our kids like that I heard a few times.
Glynns family same thing
Those kids showed alot of fight
Guess it runs in the family
Well guess its time to win the NIT

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, tcp said:

Huskers being media darlings of the week probably made this a whole lot tougher, too. Dammit, I wish they won yesterday, because this would've been the funniest sports week in years. We may gripe about BTNs coverage of this team, but that network has carried heavy water for this program this week. 

Had we best Wisconsin, the national media really would have started to latch on to this story. Instead, Moos (unintentionally or not) quickly shifted that attention and the story is no longer about a #13 seed making it past Friday, but instead about him making a decision after Sunday.

16 hours ago, ladyhusker said:

Good God, how do the people surrounding Bill Moos have jobs? Last year's rollout of the non-extension was a massive flop, they somehow forget to offer season ticket holders the opportunity to purchase postseason tickets, and now his "statement" (which, notably, seems to be lacking so much as a "congrats" or "we are so proud of how this team has battled" or any sort of kudos for the fight they've shown) has national pundits calling him a moron for appearing to let Barry Collier determine the future of our coaching staff -- after opting to skip the game yesterday and today? Forget the lack of leadership he himself is showing here (which is substantial on its own), does he not have a contingent of people responsible for PR? The incompetence here is astounding.

Don't be too hard on Moosey. He's probably coming off a 5-day bender. #pickledliver #hungover

1 hour ago, ladyhusker said:

100% accurate. There's a little piece of me, probably in a tinfoil hat, wondering if a, it WAS intentional, and b, if this was also part of Miles' last stand. For as awful as Moos is at PR, Miles is a master of it, and he has played this week flawlessly. He turned the fall on Wednesday into an endearing moment; his locker room antics were almost like a cartoon you can't help but love. But the team fought tooth and nail for him too. Every word he said this whole week was pure class, and he played the media like a Stradivarius, while Moos looks like a mustache-twirler. I know not ALL of this could be under his command, but Moos played right into it. Whether it was all intentional or not, I have to tip my cap to Miles for doing what Moos seems to find impossible -- actually positioning Nebraska in a way to look good on a national level.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ladyhusker, it has been a pleasure to have you posting regularly over the past few weeks.  Let's just say your writing has a certain style and linguistic creativity.    Keep it coming!

2 hours ago, HB said:

Ladyhusker, it has been a pleasure to have you posting regularly over the past few weeks.  Let's just say your writing has a certain style and linguistic creativity.    Keep it coming!

Furthermore, @ladyhusker has proven she knows the proper usage of a semicolon. Mad props.