uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 34 - Big Ten Tournament vs. Wisconsin

uneblinstu

Man, can't ask for much more from this group. They fought to the bitter end. There are many questions to be asked about this season, but these past three days have made this fan proud. We all probably know what's coming. Now we wait.

- Another masterful job in the paint, completely befuddled Happ.

- Glynn was spectacular today. Couple big misses down the stretch that will probably haunt his dreams for a while.

- Thought Thor and Trueblood were solid again. Thor with a couple masterpiece defensive plays in the clutch. Big 3, too.

- Palmer didn't have what he did the past couple nights, might have been the difference in the game.

- Only played 6 guys tonight. Pretty gutty effort, I must say.

- I don't know what's next, but I'm pretty proud of this group.

- That 5 point swing on the goaltend/technical foul/3 point make loomed pretty large.

Edited by uneblinstu

5 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

- Palmer didn't have what he did the past couple nights, might have been the difference in the game.

We can analyze motivation, hustle and all the other intangible factors in basketball, but after Copeland's injury, when James Palmer Jr. and Glynn Watson made shots, Nebraska won. When one of them didn't, we lost, and that was more often than not.

ON EDIT:

Goodness, I hope I can watch these guys again this year.

Edited by jayschool

Great effort, fight, and spirit from this team.  Three games of excellent game plans and coaching.  Copeland's injury derailed the season but these kids fought like hell to try and salvage it.  I believe they did salvage the NIT and hope they get to go play in MSG and bring home a title.  if Tim is gone, we better damn well have a home run hire lined up because Tim has built a great foundation here and I hope he gets to see it through.  Rome wasn't built in a day and apparently Nebrasketball can't be built in a 100 years but man, we feel close.

1 minute ago, hhcmatt said:

If he is let go in the next 30 minutes via statement then we absolutely have someone (or we're screwed)

I'm hoping your Washut retweet is the one. That he's jut saying "nothing until after the postseason", which means he's still likely gone but we don't have access to a replacement. Or maybe he really wants to chew on it some more. 

I plan on watching replays of the Iowa, Rutgers, and Maryland many times until next season. The grit, heart, emotion, etc that the guys played with reminded me of 2014. I can't say enough of our guys. Just a shot here or there, a block called instead of a charge, and we're playing MSU and probably a lock already for the play-in games.

Just now, ConkintheCorner said:

Very odd. When you factor in Ronnie Green’s statement last night I gotta lean to moos giving miles a show of support. If it’s to just say they will evaluate Tim and his future after NIT play wouldn’t that kinda be the plan already and why make a statement about it

So you don't have fans going apeshit speculating about what will happen