Johnny Trueblood (and Tanner Borchardt) appreciation

PimpMario

3 hours ago, nustudent said:

Would think both Trueblood and Borchardt fit this bill 

Tanner is a senior (bc he wasted his sophomore year eligibility to play 1 min against). Trueblood is a redshirt junior but I was under the impression he wasnt returning bc he was graduating this spring.

However, a scholarship possibility might be enticing enough to return for another year. Tanner would need a waiver to be granted an additional year.

Another thought I had this morning, is can we use Borchardt and Trueblood to help get more of that low to mid level talent in the state to walk on?

Borchardt has been on scholarship for 3 semesters. I thought i heard Trueblood was on for the second part of this academic year. Say they offer him a spot to come back next year, then he would also have been on athletic scholarship for three semesters as well (big if, i know). 

Does that help change the mind frame of guys who can either afford their college expenses or can get it paid through other allies (academic scholarship/federal aid)? 

I know its a lot easier in football bc theres so many more spots and players. But theres also alot more proof for these kids to show that theres a decent chance they can be on scholarship by the time they are upperclassmen.

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, khoock said:

Another thought I had this morning, is can we use Borchardt and Trueblood to help get more of that low to mid level talent in the state to walk on?

Borchardt has been on scholarship for 3 semesters. I thought i heard Trueblood was on for the second part of this academic year. Say they offer him a spot to come back next year, then he would also have been on athletic scholarship for three semesters as well (big if, i know). 

Does that help change the mind frame of guys who can either afford their college expenses or can get it paid through other allies (academic scholarship/federal aid)? 

I know its a lot easier in football bc theres so many more spots and players. But theres also alot more proof for these kids to show that theres a decent chance they can be on scholarship by the time they are upperclassmen.

Thoughts?

I like that thought. Nebraska needs some guys who 'buy in' without worrying about eventual transfers, even if it were to start out as end-of-bench role players who help the scout team.