Nebraska (18-15) vs. Wisconsin (22-9) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

I wonder how much time Wisconsin spent on a game plan for Maryland and how much time the allocated to the possibility of a matchup against Rutgers or Nebraska.

I'd imagine they did it like we did - each of the 3 assistant coaches took a different team for the scout. Works out perfectly.

Then I'd imagine the 2 assistants who had NU and RU spent their prep time at Bucky's Bar drinking pitchers of Old Milwaukee and doing ranch dressing shots like any good Wisconsin-ite, while the assistant who drew the short straw and had to scout Maryland actually stayed in the office and worked.

Watson and Palmer are coming off back to back days of 40 minutes. Does fatigue start to set in?

Roby still hasnt had a great game yet. Does he bust one out?

If we are hanging close or leading do you try and sub in a fresh Heiman or Costello to get give part of the Big Three a breather?

Cant wait for tomorrow. Its nut up or shut up time. I think adrenaline will be pumping that first 8-12 mins. After that im a little worried. But thats why we play the game. GBR!

34 minutes ago, throwback said:

I'd imagine they did it like we did - each of the 3 assistant coaches took a different team for the scout. Works out perfectly.

Then I'd imagine the 2 assistants who had NU and RU spent their prep time at Bucky's Bar drinking pitchers of Old Milwaukee and doing ranch dressing shots like any good Wisconsin-ite, while the assistant who drew the short straw and had to scout Maryland actually stayed in the office and worked.

Now they're scrambling trying to find any film they can on Johnny B. Trueblood.

It's probably too much to hope for, but a win against Wiscy tomorrow might very well get us to the right side of the bubble.

Prior to the Maryland game, we were sitting at #52 in the NET.  Maryland was #26. NET hasn't updated yet, but that would give us two more Quad 1 wins (Md and Wiscy) and probably bumps us into the low 40s. Follow that with a win on Saturday and we'd almost have to be in.

But this is all very hypothetical at this point. Long odds still stand in our way. Go Huskers. Nothing to lose at this point. Let it all hang out.

Remember again, like the Terps, this is Wiscy's first foray onto this floor. We're hardened veterans of the UC right now. 

And also the sentimental favorite for every 'Rudy' fan in the building. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there's been a small rush of Big Red fans driving up to catch the game since it's Friday, either. 

We can win this matchup if we can hit some shots and extend Wisconsin's very good defense. It's a shame Isaac isn't playing, because this is a perfect game for his 17 footer. 

One more game and at least these guys can make this a memorable end similar to the 96 team, which this one's beginning to remind me of every day now. 

Once again, we play a team that hasn't shot in this building.  Mostly teams have struggled in their first game shooting from deep here in the first half.  Iowa the lone exception I believe.  Make them make shots over the top and rebound the basketball.  I think our coaches will have a good plan.  They have thus far.  Sometimes simple is good.  

14 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Once again, we play a team that hasn't shot in this building.  Mostly teams have struggled in their first game shooting from deep here in the first half.  Iowa the lone exception I believe.  Make them make shots over the top and rebound the basketball.  I think our coaches will have a good plan.  They have thus far.  Sometimes simple is good.  

Yep, when your only options are D'ing a team up, giving JPJ, Glynn & Roby looks, and sprinkle in some Tanner & Thor with a lil' Johnny & Brady magic, I, too, think it can work again. GBR !!!

Edited by AuroranHusker