N.I.T. Order Form

4 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

Permit me a brief rant here -- this really ticks me off. If I'm remembering correctly, these used to go out in mid-February. I get that we were in a swoon, but there were still enough games left on the schedule that the NIT was still very much a possibility, if not the NCAA. It's possible I'm reading too much into this (but given the apparent trend, I don't think I am) -- but the fact that our own athletic department didn't see fit to send so much as an email indicating that this might be on the horizon is frustrating to me. It's fascinating that @hhcmatt started really talking about it on Twitter, then suddenly there was an emergency conference call and oh hey, an email giving fans all of THREE DAYS to reply (assuming they all have email to begin with...which, with our fan base, isn't necessarily a given). The administration dropped the ball here, whether accidentally or intentionally, and it's yet ANOTHER example of a lack of support for this program. If we're going to have high-performing expectations of the basketball program (as we should) that should include the WHOLE program -- players, coaches, staff, and administration, and yet again, one of those entities slides right on by until a fan with a following calls it out on social media. Why will this administration not take this program seriously and at least demonstrate the very very basic step of preparing for the possibility of the postseason? Why do they not even show this extremely passive but generally expected motion of support? Instead it sends the message that even the athletic department doesn't believe in this team and that's a really crappy place to be.

It is fairly obvious the NU administration had turned the page.

Until Nebrasketball fought the hell back !!!

2 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

Permit me a brief rant here -- this really ticks me off. If I'm remembering correctly, these used to go out in mid-February. I get that we were in a swoon, but there were still enough games left on the schedule that the NIT was still very much a possibility, if not the NCAA. It's possible I'm reading too much into this (but given the apparent trend, I don't think I am) -- but the fact that our own athletic department didn't see fit to send so much as an email indicating that this might be on the horizon is frustrating to me. It's fascinating that @hhcmatt started really talking about it on Twitter, then suddenly there was an emergency conference call and oh hey, an email giving fans all of THREE DAYS to reply (assuming they all have email to begin with...which, with our fan base, isn't necessarily a given). The administration dropped the ball here, whether accidentally or intentionally, and it's yet ANOTHER example of a lack of support for this program. If we're going to have high-performing expectations of the basketball program (as we should) that should include the WHOLE program -- players, coaches, staff, and administration, and yet again, one of those entities slides right on by until a fan with a following calls it out on social media. Why will this administration not take this program seriously and at least demonstrate the very very basic step of preparing for the possibility of the postseason? Why do they not even show this extremely passive but generally expected motion of support? Instead it sends the message that even the athletic department doesn't believe in this team and that's a really crappy place to be.

Not just this, but even more than that is the fact that the answer given today was basically like a "Of course we are going to go to the NIT if invited."  Made me think that it was always the case and they were just banking on us failing.

It also makes me wonder if something happened in the past few days that's changed things.  Did we lose out on all of the top candidates?  Did Moos make the decision to extend Miles?  All questions to ponder with some weird timing.

Weird timing for Moos to leave, weird timing for the NIT tickets to go out.  Just weird timing.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Not just this, but even more than that is the fact that the answer given today was basically like a "Of course we are going to go to the NIT if invited."  Made me think that it was always the case and they were just banking on us failing.

It also makes me wonder if something happened in the past few days that's changed things.  Did we lose out on all of the top candidates?  Did Moos make the decision to extend Miles?  All questions to ponder with some weird timing.

Weird timing for Moos to leave, weird timing for the NIT tickets to go out.  Just weird timing.

Moos left Chicago to go to Cal to watch his son play in its spring football game.

10 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Understand - and with the twitter post that the two spoke about Moos leaving, no more concern about it for me.

Good deal. I hope NU can keep winning these B1G games. The revenge tour continues. That is 3 straight Big Ten wins against teams that had swept NU (in 1-2 games) this season.

Good lord guys, he's going to spend time with family. His daughters wedding was on a Friday, we're people wondering why he wasn't immediately back home after the wedding to go to a game saturday?

I heard Moos goes out of his way to use Charmin TP to wipe his ass, and everyone know Tim is a Angel Soft guy - Tim guarenteed to be fired.

I don't think it's too much to ask for our AD to attend our games or pony up a few of the many dollars we are paying him to change his flight.

It's not like he's had these tickets set in stone for 4 months via Travelocity....was he going to come to Chicago on Wednesday if we were not playing that day?

Once again we come back to the issue of whether or not the administration will actually start caring once a new coach comes here and if so why didn't they care when the old coach was here.

Silver lining for me is the guys will be playing in the NIT or NCAA regardless of what happens.

3 hours ago, ladyhusker said:

Whoever writes the script, they need to include this part in the movie. The team's own administration was so focussed on lining up a new coach, they forgot to send out notices to fans to possibly buy tickets for the NIT.

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Whoever writes the script, they need to include this part in the movie. The team's own administration was so focussed on lining up a new coach, they forgot to send out notices to fans to possibly buy tickets for the NIT.

Let's win the Big Ten tourney first. That's "30 for 30" worthy, if NU could get that 1st NCAA win in the process. Wouldn't that be somethin'?!