I've seen enough.

Bring back Miles.  

That's two seasons in a row on the bubble.

Every metric says tomorrow is a play-in game.  

The defensive effort in the first half was the best defensive half of basketball I've ever seen from a Nebraska team.  

We played 6 bad weeks of basketball with a devastating injury to our best player.  In the grand scheme of the season, including this tournament, it ain't that long. 

Feel however you want to feel about it, but we're now in a better position to make the NCAA tournament than we were last year at the same spot of the B1G tournament.  Let that sink in.  

4 minutes ago, MichHusker said:

Where would everyone be at if we had 2 more wins and two less losses? We feel good and think we are in comfortably?

2 more conference wins gets us out of Wednesday game so who the heck knows. But Indiana and Ohio St. each had 8 conference wins and they were considered on the bubble. So who knows? :) 

Consistency has been an issue during the Miles era. Effort was amazing today, but also not too long ago we were getting questioned on national TV if we even wanted to play the game. Look, I get that some want Miles back, and some don't - but that decision wasn't gonna be based on a crap game against PSU or a nice tourney run - Its gonna be based on 7 years of work and if that is the direction we want to continue to go. I think constantly pondering Miles future after each tournament game is gonna take away from the fun. Enjoy the ride!

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

Consistency has been an issue during the Miles era. Effort was amazing today, but also not too long ago we were getting questioned on national TV if we even wanted to play the game. Look, I get that some want Miles back, and some don't - but that decision wasn't gonna be based on a crap game against PSU or a nice tourney run - Its gonna be based on 7 years of work and if that is the direction we want to continue to go. I think constantly pondering Miles future after each tournament game is gonna take away from the fun. Enjoy the ride!

Okay not going to throw a kid under a bus, but things have changed in effort since one kid has needed to study and not be at games or practice.

Some times small things matter.

Can we at the very least stop with the "you just can't expect a good team to win" type stuff that was thrown around so much early in the slide? I have had a feeling for a couple weeks that they struck out on candidates, and will bring him back. This run has been nice. It's good to see a team play together instead of 7 years of hero-ball.

6 minutes ago, rr52 said:

2 more conference wins gets us out of Wednesday game so who the heck knows. But Indiana and Ohio St. each had 8 conference wins and they were considered on the bubble. So who knows? :) 

I guess what I’m saying is there is far less heat on miles. Say we don’t collapse vs Maryland the first time and we beat Rutgers in the regular season. We are probably in like OSU

On 3/14/2019 at 2:49 PM, Faux Mike Peltz said:

We beat wiscy and I think it puts Moos in a real tough spot...

Not Really.  I think it is better to end up Hanging Tough with a fresh Wisconsin, losing by only two buckets despite playing with tired legs, than winning and possibly losing in a subsequent blow-out to MSU on really tired legs that would give Moos and even better excuse.

Shouldn't last year's season count in our minds as an NCAAT caliber coaching and recruiting job?  In my mind, it does and we were screwed.  So in 7 years, we get 2 NCAAT caliber seasons and one NIT.  

Is that enough given the dumpster fire Miles inherited?  

Looking like no possibility for Lue, Matta, Hoiberg, or Sampson.  

Do we really want to gamble against the most success we've seen since Nee?  

Had Miles actually lost the team this year, I'd feel differently.  But he didn't.  I feel like he figured out a few cultural things that could carry into a very interesting roster next season.  

Edited by LK1

1 minute ago, LK1 said:

Shouldn't last year's season count in our minds as an NCAAT caliber coaching and recruiting job?  In my mind, it does and we were screwed.  So in 7 years, we get 2 NCAAT caliber seasons and one NIT.  

Is that enough given the dumpster fire Miles inherited?  

Looking like no possibility for Lue, Matta, Hoiberg, or Sampson.  

Do we really want to gamble against the most success we've seen since Nee?  

Had Miles actually lost the team this year, I'd feel differently.  But he didn't.  I feel like he figured out a few cultural things out that could carry into a very interesting roster next season.  

We were what...1-9 in quad 1 games last year? Definitely not screwed..unless you are talking about our Big 10 schedule. It’s not rocket science. The committee values quality wins. We lacked that last year. 

Keep Miles and we are likely in the same position now, next year. Talking about his job status after he finished 11th in the Big Ten. 

1 minute ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

We were what...1-9 in quad 1 games last year? Definitely not screwed..unless you are talking about our Big 10 schedule. It’s not rocket science. The committee values quality wins. We lacked that last year. 

Keep Miles and we are likely in the same position now, next year. Talking about his job status after he finished 11th in the Big Ten. 

The B1G performed well in the NCAAT last year.  The metrics only give credit to the non-con.  They still have no way of measuring the unbelievable coaching in the B1G from the start to the end of a season.  We beat the shit out of the runner up.  4 of the 9 Q1 losses were to ranked teams, not just Q1.  We beat two ranked teams at home and barely lost to KU.  

This season, the B1G had coaching and talent/experience across the board.  Every win was a good win and no loss was a bad loss.  

But I'll bite.  Who do you recommend we hire?  

Just now, hskr4life said:

So I remember a lot of people’s goals were being on the bubble every year with a dance here and there.  We’re on the bubble this year and last.  So 1 dance, 2 bubble teams that made the NIT in 7 years.  A very interesting year setting up next year.  

Define "on the bubble". Because we had more than 8 teams ahead of us in most pundits brackets. And this season, it'll probably shake up the same way.