uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 32 - Rutgers

hhcmatt

11 minutes ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

Super proud of the guys. Nice showing of Husker fans too ... easily the most of any time I've been at the B1G tourney. Nice to have a team to root for going forward. Gonna be a quick turnaround and we will likely need more minutes from Brady tomorrow.

It was apparent that Nebraska's squad had a good crowd present to root their team on; meanwhile, it also sure seemed like Rutgers didn't have but a dozen ppl...

12 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

It was apparent that Nebraska's squad had a good crowd present to root their team on; meanwhile, it also sure seemed like Rutgers didn't have but a dozen ppl...

Not sure at this point it’s worth it’s own topic, but I saw yesterday that Omaha might be (Or in consideration) the host site in 2023 for the Big 10 championship. Husker fans typically travel pretty well and hell we kill it for the Baseball tournament compared to other schools.  Bet we’d blow em away for basketball too! 

Edited by Nighthawk

Missed the game last night due to it being wine bottling night.  Was keeping up via text messages from CH-JR and I think he hit the nail on the head.  When I first ask about the score, he responded 34-31 them.  These poor guys are a MASH unit.  They're playing hard.  Hard to argue either of those comments.  Not had a chance to look at stats as even if I had been home, we were without power from 5:00 last night to 1:27 this morning and would have been sitting in the dark.  At least I missed it with a little vino last night.

8 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

Not sure at this point it’s worth it’s own topic, but I saw yesterday that Omaha might be the host site in 2023 for the Big 10 championship. Husker fans typically travel pretty well and hell we kill it for the Baseball tournament compared to other schools.  Bet we’d blow em away for basketball too! 

Omaha is merely in consideration with Detroit and Minneapolis as the other 2 major metropolitan cities that the Big Ten will look to for the 2023 B1G Basketball Tourney.

2 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Yesterday's game could be compared to Villanova over Georgetown for the NCAA championship-i.e. shocking but understandable. A victory today would be more like Chaminade over Ralph Sampson's Virginia-unbelievable.

Yep. It's that dire as far as roster & substitutions. Basically a *mostly Div. 2  team against B1G juggernauts.

Just now, AuroranHusker said:

Yep. It's that dire as far as roster & substitutions. Basically a *mostly Div. 2  team against B1G juggernauts.

It's such a weird situation.  We'll be playing three guys would would play major minutes for all B1G teams and 5 guys who wouldn't probably see the floor for all B1G teams.

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

It's such a weird situation.  We'll be playing three guys would would play major minutes for all B1G teams and 5 guys who wouldn't probably see the floor for all B1G teams.

Yeah, that's why I said *mostly Div. 2 team. It's kinda ridiculous that Nebraska has been able to win 2 straight Big Ten games with JPJ, Roby & Glynn with a bunch of decent dudes who try their hardest (with Amir now being hurt after missing much of 2nd half in that Iowa game, that is).

Just now, AuroranHusker said:

Yeah, that's why I said *mostly Div. 2 team. It's kinda ridiculous that Nebraska has been able to win 2 straight Big Ten games with JPJ, Roby & Glynn with a bunch of decent dudes who try their hardest (with Amir now being hurt after missing much of 2nd half in that Iowa game, that is).

Right!?!?  Amir was the only player who might get a few minutes at a few schools.