Nebraska (16-15) vs. Rutgers (14-16) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Maryland may very well beat the snot out of us tomorrow, but the last 2 games have me very convinced Trueblood should have been in the rotation and maybe starting for a lot longer, maybe even when cope was still healthy.  He seems to be the glue, the guy who makes hustle plays, huge hoops IQ and just does it right.  Bringing Allen off the bench would have given us the scorer off the bench we have lacked since Nana's shot went south.  Maybe this is too much of an overreaction, sure I get that.  But the kid has made some serious plays the last 2 games.

2 minutes ago, RedEyedFanatic said:

Maryland may very well beat the snot out of us tomorrow, but the last 2 games have me very convinced Trueblood should have been in the rotation and maybe starting for a lot longer, maybe even when cope was still healthy.  He seems to be the glue, the guy who makes hustle plays, huge hoops IQ and just does it right.  Bringing Allen off the bench would have given us the scorer off the bench we have lacked since Nana's shot went south.  Maybe this is too much of an overreaction, sure I get that.  But the kid has made some serious plays the last 2 games.

he's gotten a raw deal here. he's a legit player. scored 24ppg in high school and won a state title. happy to see him finally getting a chance. 

3 minutes ago, RedEyedFanatic said:

It is a lot easier to play well when you know that you can play loose without fear of making mistakes.  I wonder how much of it is knowing that the only other options behind him are Thor and Costello.  Without a doubt though is providing a big boost right now.

He also probably has the most fresh legs of anyone in the tournament that is going to play 20+ minutes, so that can't hurt.  

10 minutes ago, RedEyedFanatic said:

It's ok to have this opinion as long as you've never spoken poorly about Benny Parker ?

2 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

this is from the Butgers hhop site.

Our perimeter players can’t guard walk ones right now

And another one.

Our set offense absolutely blows. It’s a high school offense. Sound familiar?

Offenses look good when shots fall... and they don't when shots don't fall.

Pretty graceful stumble at the end.  Even the head coach leaving it all out on the floor today.  If that was me, I probably stay down with a broken hip or bruised ribs.

While Maryland may very well beat the brave 8 tomorrow by 30 (we have to run out of gas at some point, right?).  I give the team a lot of credit for their effort tonight.