UNO Summit League Final

khoock

As an alum, and someone who attended almost every home game during my FR and SO years, I will be watching and rooting extremely hard for the OMavs. 

They tip off at 8pm on ESPN2 against North Dakota State tonight. They beat NDSU 90-77 at Baxter and 58-50 on the road during conference play.

Just wanted to start a thread for anyone who is interested in discussing it. Put it on the main page for people to see. Feel free to move it to College Basketball forum later!

19 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

They were talking about this game on the Dan Patrick show this morning and said Omaha was Warren Buffet’s team (since that’s probably ALL they know about Omaha). I wanted to call in and point out he’s a UNL alum dammit!

Dan Patrick is a friend of Nebrasketball's program. They have Husker stuff shown on their TV set quite often.

Also, Mitch Hahn's dad went to my Lutheran grade school through the eighth grade in Hampton.  At that time, his parents lived on the border line between the Hampton school district and Aurora.  He chose to go to high school in Aurora.  Can't blame Dave for going to Aurora, although if he attended Hampton, they would have been the GOAT in Class D.  Can't believe Auroran and royalfan haven't touched on this yet.  (Probably because it happened well before they were born...)  ?  Go Mavs!

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

Also, Mitch Hahn's dad went to my Lutheran grade school through the eighth grade in Hampton.  At that time, his parents lived on the border line between the Hampton school district and Aurora.  He chose to go to high school in Aurora.  Can't blame Dave for going to Aurora, although if he attended Hampton, they would have been the GOAT in Class D.  Can't believe Auroran and royalfan haven't touched on this yet.  (Probably because it happened well before they were born...)  ?  Go Mavs!

Who was the best Hahn before Mitch, Dave or Darwin (Polk, 1962)?  If you could put together an all-time all Hahn team it would be pretty good.

I’ve heard that some people think we don’t want the Mavericks because it makes Nebraska look bad.

I hate creighton with a passion but I do not mind cheering for Omaha at all! Only went to college at UNL but was a huge fan even before college. 

Is is it acceptable to make Omaha your second favorite team and...be called a Mavsker?

Edited by unl