Iowa pregame/Unnamed recruit/KP cryptic tweet

jason2486

If this has been discussed somewhere, I apologize. Towards the beginning of the pregame the yesterday, Kent and Jake were running down a review of all the events that have taken place since last season and how they had an effect on the team and its downward spiral. They mentioned not getting selected to the dance, then getting screwed with the NIT. They also brought up Jordy. But the most interesting part was they said something to the effect of a recruit who never got to campus that should've been a part of the team. My first thought was Xavier. But then they discussed the Xavier and Kenya Hunter situation afterwards. Am I totally missing something?  Does anyone know if this is connected to KP's tweet a couple weeks back regarding if people only knew what was all going on behind the scenes?

Just now, colhusker said:

He made it to Lincoln for at least several Brunos

Ha! But I wonder if since he left the program before the season started, maybe Kent/Jake's "never made it to campus" comment was misconstrued because Chan never played a game. (I could be way off here, just trying to put this puzzle together!)

8 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

I"m listening to this right now and it's not Hunter and I don't know who they're talking about.

Didn't someone bring up a foreign big man recruit?

That guy that went to South Florida maybe? 

Or the Virginia big? 

Off the top of my head those are who come to mind

Matt, you may have been referencing my source. I had heard that we had a real good possibility of landing a big.  Further, the source thought he was from outside the US.  I couldn't retrieve any other information from that source though.  But again, I believe and believed the rumor had legs.

I will add one other comment that has been tossed back and forth over the past couple years.  Don't think for a second that the unsettled coaching situation has not created recruiting issues.  We recently played a team that had a player that once was a lean towards Nebraska.  He went another direction due to the rumors surrounding Tim.  You cannot let a high division one coach twist in the wind.  Doing so creates issues.  You either have to commit to a coach or let him/her go.  

Edited by Huskerpapa

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

Matt, you may have been referencing my source. I had heard that we had a real good possibility of landing a big.  Further, the source thought he was from outside the US.  I couldn't retrieve any other information from that source though.  But again, I believe and believed the rumor had legs

Yes, that was the one

Just now, Huskerpapa said:

Matt, you may have been referencing my source. I had heard that we had a real good possibility of landing a big.  Further, the source thought he was from outside the US.  I couldn't retrieve any other information from that source though.  But again, I believe and believed the rumor had legs.

I will add one other comment that has been tossed back and forth over the past couple years.  Don't think for a second that the unsettled coaching situation has not created recruiting issues.  We recently played a team that had a player that once was a lean towards Nebraska.  He went another direction due to the rumors surrounding Tim.  You cannot let a high division one coach twisting in the wind.  Doing so creates issues.  You either have to commit to a coach or let him/her go.  

Could this be the same one that ended up at Utah State with Craig Smith?