Harris

nustudent

43 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

So we have to sacrifice a goat, is that what you’re saying?  Anyone have a goat they would be willing to volunteer? I don’t think you’ll be getting it back … if I understand how this thing is supposed to work. 

Now I get it, we were supposed to sacrifice a goat...would have felt a lot less dirty after the fact if we'd known that...

Just now, B-town hoopsfan said:

Norm question. You think dedoch Chan gives us anything if he stayed? Or woulda just had a similar year to heiman? 

I think, earlier on, Dedoch probably plays over Heiman.  Could have been a situation where he and Heiman got a few minutes early to see who was playing better.  He also would have given us another option at an already low position in the post.  Now, at this point, Dedoch allows us to at least play the B1G Tourney with 9 players.

Would he have been a 5 and 5 kind of guy though?  Probably not.

At the rate we're losing bodies, we'll be down to 5 guys suited up by Sunday's B1G championship game. That may make beating Michigan for the title a little more difficult. Then again, it's NU hoops ... we don't do anything the easy way.

At least nobody will be able to complain about the minutes they're getting this week. 

17 minutes ago, throwback said:

At the rate we're losing bodies, we'll be down to 5 guys suited up by Sunday's B1G championship game. That may make beating Michigan for the title a little more difficult. Then again, it's NU hoops ... we don't do anything the easy way.

At least nobody will be able to complain about the minutes they're getting this week. 

Johnny Trueblood will likely be *starting after helping his Huskers defeat the Hawk-i's. His Ron Kellogg III moment, if you will... Let that all sink in for a minute.

1 minute ago, AuroranHusker said:

Definitely good that it's a fairly mundane procedure. Amir balled out, and he was injured !!!!

Yeah it is a bummer.  He can bring some intangibles that can lead to tournament wins.  This is another massive blow.  Not sure why all of this had to happen, but it is maddening.  Just happy as hell that everyone involved got a great win yesterday.  

5 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

There was an inbounds play near the end that Bohanan shoved Watson at least 3'..... obviously a non-call. ?

But, yet, these fools think there's something on the final play. There's nothing there to call. hahahaha -- all I have to say: Idiots Out Wandering Around ?

If you're referring to the inbounds play I'm thinking of, he actually managed to shove 3 Nebraska players back toward the baseline.  Watson just happened to be the initial obstacle.

4 hours ago, throwback said:

Seriously, this has to be the most happy-toed group of walk ons in recent history. Granted, they'll know what the price was to get this moment in the sun (or under the fast food heating lamp), but still, they gotta be thinking, "i'm gonna be on tv!"

10 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Yep. That's the one. Watson kind of glared in the direction of the ref.

I was screaming at the TV, "That's a foul, that's a foul on that jackwagon."

The d-bag shoved Watson repeatedly.  Defender has a right to the spot he started at - can't just run through him.

2 minutes ago, NUtball said:

I was screaming at the TV, "That's a foul, that's a foul on that jackwagon."

The d-bag shoved Watson repeatedly.  Defender has a right to the spot he started at - can't just run through him.

Jackwagon Bohanon does that ALL THE TIME.  It's amazing to me how Iowa can always inbound the ball to him in late game situations.  They can because he pushes off to get open every single time.  And it's NEVER called.