ZAYWHAT!

Will Roby be back next year?

NBA draft flexibility

College basketball players who request an Undergraduate Advisory Committee evaluation, participate in the NBA combine and aren’t drafted can return to school as long as they notify their athletics director of their intent by 5 p.m. the Monday after the draft.

This change is effective if/when the NBA and NBPA make an expected rule change, which would make undrafted student-athletes who return to college after the draft ineligible for the NBA until the end of the next college basketball season.

so can someone confirm once and for all... if he does not get drafted he can come back?

not that i think this will happen but you never know. it will definitely make things interesting if we get to pick 41 and roby's name still hasn't been called.

Edited by FredsSlacks

10 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Why does the NBA have any rights to control guys that are not drafted?  

You found it. It's more of a NCAA/NBA agreement to keep guys from just jumping to the NBA whenever. 

Just now, FredsSlacks said:

so can someone confirm... if he does not get drafted he can come back?

He can't come back. He's officially, officially gone at midnight tonight when the deadline to return to school passes.

2 minutes ago, FredsSlacks said:

so can someone confirm... if he does not get drafted he can come back?

not that i don't think this will happen but you never know. it will definitely make things interesting if we get to pick 41 and roby's name still hasn't been called.

As of right now, it looks like he could not come back.  NCAA allows it and expects the NBA and NBAPA to change a rule to allow for it to happen, which evidently has yet to happen.  

53 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

Those fans only care about how successful Nebraska is and are completely selfish. They couldn't care less what these kids do with their lives afterwards, as long as dear ole Nebraska U gets W's.

What they don't get is players getting drafted and going pro is good for the Huskers, because a program that sends kids to the NBA is able to recruit more NBA-quality kids to come play for it.

1 hour ago, colhusker said:

Amazes me how folks who have cheered Roby on for 3 years, wanted him back for another year are now bashing the kid for his decision (have not seen it here).  Talk about butt hurt folks over a kid making one of the biggest decisions of his life that didn't go the way they wanted.

I just read through his twitter time line which was a long line of positives. I wouldn't dwell on wherever you're reading this stuff

Welp...I knew he was going, but shoot, I am still disappointed.  I thought his senior year would be his signature year and he could possibly earn a banner on the wall.  Just not meant to be I guess.  Good luck Isaiah!

13 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

I haven’t heard anybody dog Roby for making the jump ( especially on this board), then again I’m not on Twitter...

What i saw was on Facebook on a couple of the Nebraska sites.  Most was positive, but there were several dip (you know whats).

Edited by colhusker

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Welp...I knew he was going, but shoot, I am still disappointed.  I thought his senior year would be his signature year and he could possibly earn a banner on the wall.  Just not meant to be I guess.  Good luck Isaiah!

He never had a signature year.

Roby's story is potential.  All I ever heard was people talk about his potential.