Will Roby be back next year?

ZAYWHAT!

Chris Heady had a fabulous article in today's OWH about Roby.  One little snippet:

"In a visit one night in Dixon, Miles laid out where he saw Roby's future.  An NCAA tournament win at Nebraska, the first in history.  And, after that, the pros.  

"Isaiah," Miles said that night.  "I want you to be my first NBA draft pick."

One more:

One time, at halftime of a game near the end of Nebraska's season, all three assistant coaches and Miles sat Roby down on a stool in the locker room.

"Shoot it.  Don't hesitate.  Just shoot it," a coach told Roby.

"Every time?  You want me to shoot it every time I get the ball?" Roby asked.

"Yes!" the four coaches shouted in unison.

The rest of the locker room laughed.

9 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Surprised they didn't say "New England" because NE doesn't scream Nebraska. I still see NB for our state when that's clearly New Brunswick. Sigh. ?

Which is why journalists are encouraged not to use postal codes. Either spell it out or use understandable abbreviations:

• Which is AR? Ark., not Ariz.
  • And AL? Alabama, not Alaska, which is AK, which also isn't for Ark.
  • How about NE? Neb., not Nev.
  • And CO? That's Colo., not Clothing Optional

No need to slow down readers who haven't memorized all the postal codes in North America.

Edited by jayschool

2 hours ago, jayschool said:

Which is why journalists are encouraged not to use postal codes. Either spell it out or use understandable abbreviations:

• Which is AR? Ark., not Ariz.
  • And AL? Alabama, not Alaska, which is AK, which also isn't for Ark.
  • How about NE? Neb., not Nev.
  • And CO? That's Colo., not Clothing Optional

No need to slow down readers who haven't memorized all the postal codes in North America.

Yeah, that synopsis seems to have covered the confusing zips (not Akron). ?

Wish the guy good luck. There's PT to be had in Dallas at the moment as they're in full rebuild mode still (I think. I ignored this season in the NBA). 

That means there's at least room on the bench, which gives him a chance to make a roster that I don't think he would've made for  most other teams. 

Leave it on the court, Zay. Get on that team. 

As it stands right now, there might be one roster spot that a few guys would be fighting for. Things will change this summer though. The mavs have cap space and will look to build a roster through free agency to contend next year. If Porzingis is healthy, he and Doncic give you two guys with legitimate superstar potential. When those two figure each other out, it’ll be poetry in motion.

Edited by millerhusker

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

As it stands right now, there might be one roster spot that a few guys would be fighting for. Things will change this summer though. The mavs have cap space and will look to build a roster through free agency to contend next year. If Porzingis is healthy, he and Doncic give you two guys with legitimate superstar potential. When those two figure each other out, it’ll be poetry in motion.

I decided after I typed (of course!) to visit the Mavericks site on SB Nation. They're mostly positive about the pick and largely said what you just did, too, although pretty evenly split as to whether or not he could make the bench this season or not. 

I wish he did wind up with the Pistons, because that traditionally has been my favorite NBA team so it would've given me an excuse to give a crap again. :)   Alas....