Will Roby be back next year?

ZAYWHAT!

2 hours ago, colhusker said:

Am really in the same boat other than I stopped watching the NBA during MJ first run.

I use to be a pretty big NBA fan going back to the Lake Show with Magic and so on but when Tim Donaghy, the referee, admitted to point shaving I lost interest.  I always thought star players got special treatment and that just reinforced it.  I hope Roby makes it and does well but he has some major parts of his game that need to improve to excel at that level. 

I only watch small bits and pieces of the NBA.  Not sure why, but my theory is that the players make the game appear too easy.  But it seems to fit with a lot of people so what the hey.

That said, I hope Isiah can reach and exceed each and every one of his goals.  I also hope that he earns his degree...just because.  I also hope that he comes back and visits and can become a great legacy.  

The NBA athleticism is amazing. Roby is just one of a 100 dudes with the same type of talents. I hope Isaiah does great, but it's really tough sledding establishing a role on a good team. With the right coaching and development, I.R. could become a legit rotation player like Jordan Bell in his 1st year with Golden State. I expect to see Zay play in the NBA !

14 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

The NBA athleticism is amazing. Roby is just one of a 100 dudes with the same type of talents. I hope Isaiah does great, but it's really tough sledding establishing a role on a good team. With the right coaching and development, I.R. could become a legit rotation player like Jordan Bell in his 1st year with Golden State. I expect to see Zay play in the NBA !

A team maxed out in salary but with roster spots to fill would be perfect for him. Two or three stars that he could play with with absolutely no pressure to score or be the guy.

29 minutes ago, khoock said:

A team maxed out in salary but with roster spots to fill would be perfect for him. Two or three stars that he could play with with absolutely no pressure to score or be the guy.

For sure. One of the top 6 teams would be an ideal fit. He could develop between the parent club & the G-League squad.

On 5/30/2019 at 6:42 AM, Handy Johnson said:

I’ll always remember the play his Soph. year, he was seated on the floor outside the lane, the rebound came right to him & he kicked it out, overhead pass for a wide open 3, all in one motion!

I was just thinking about that ? I saw another 1 can't remember from what game 

I had stated this at the beginning of his draft process and not many people agreed with me, but listening to this it sounds as if my thought was correct.

Roby was more likely to come back with Hioberg than he was Miles. Now at the end of the day, it doesn't matter bc hes still gone. But Roby says so himself, Hiobergs succes with Royce White and George Niang plus his NBA ties made Robys decision much harder.

Sounds as if Miles and Roby were on the same page, that being if his junior season went according to plan it would be a good time for him to make the jump.

4 hours ago, khoock said:

Roby was more likely to come back with Hioberg than he was Miles. Now at the end of the day, it doesn't matter bc hes still gone. But Roby says so himself, Hiobergs succes with Royce White and George Niang plus his NBA ties made Robys decision much harder.

It was probably a tougher decision than when he didn't know Hoiberg at all and disliked that Miles was fired.  I'd say the sentiment and loyalty still made it more likely that he comes back to play for Miles but we're arguing about getting hit by lightning vs winning the powerball odds here.

6 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

It was probably a tougher decision than when he didn't know Hoiberg at all and disliked that Miles was fired.  I'd say the sentiment and loyalty still made it more likely that he comes back to play for Miles but we're arguing about getting hit by lightning vs winning the powerball odds here.

That's assuming Roby was really disappointed Miles was fired. Roby himself said today (yesterday?) that basically Hoiberg being hired made it more difficult for him to leave.

38 minutes ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

That's assuming Roby was really disappointed Miles was fired. Roby himself said today (yesterday?) that basically Hoiberg being hired made it more difficult for him to leave.

This is what i was getting at. Roby makes it sound as if he and Miles were on the same page and that Roby declaring for the NBA after the season was part of the plan (so it wasnt a knock on Miles or Nebraska). The hiring of Hoiberg made the decision tougher for numerous reasons.

9 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

He was 100% gone when Hoiberg was hired so actually getting to know Hoiberg definitely would make it harder to leave.

I doubt that sentiment and familiarity would have been enough to keep him here; I know for a fact that the promise of the Hoiberg system wasn't enough because he is no longer here.

31 here.

I hear he's worked out with okc also has 76ers and back to San Antonio who I hear really likes him. I doubt he makes it through the end of the 1 st round though before he hears his name called. I think I said before that the bulls and dallas and san Antonio I feel are the most likely landing spots.

But man

I hope the spurs and pop get ahold of him. 

Roby would be a problem for the league lol possibly right away. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2019-nba-mock-draft-hawks-take-dukes-cam-reddish-at-no-8-with-the-first-of-their-six-selections/amp/