Will Roby be back next year?

ZAYWHAT!

I don’t think he trusts his jumper from the outside, and that’s what really limits him out on the perimeter. It’s important to remember how young he is & how much time he missed with that hip his Freshman year. Someone will take a chance on him, but MAN it would be nice to see one more year with him in Red!!!

9 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I don’t think he trusts his jumper from the outside, and that’s what really limits him out on the perimeter. It’s important to remember how young he is & how much time he missed with that hip his Freshman year. Someone will take a chance on him, but MAN it would be nice to see one more year with him in Red!!!

Yep. He'd flourish under Hoiberg's guidance, even within a year.

Idk

watching that pro day and other practices with all these "elite" college guys and out of all those guys the only 1 was Clarke that rivaled Roby and we're splitting hairs.

Even at the combine 

Those guys are just thrown together they've never played together, or hardly even knew each other at best and thrown into a game with coaches they don't know in front of the nba world.

He got better playing with the same guys the next game.

Theres no doubt in my mind once he gets drafted and gets with some good coaching

(which I dont believe he's ever had)

I like coach miles and all but i dont think he's that good of a coach at all. Need your program kick started that's the guy

Oh yea

My wifes uncle coaches at augustana I believe it was

somewhere in south Dakota I cant remember the schools name but he did say they were in the process of transferring to a d1 school soon.

We ended up meeting a few times in the line too get ? he said he's known miles for over 25 yrs told a few drinking stories and also says miles probably will get into broadcast or something tv related.

But as far as roby

He will do well everyone seems too be focusing on the player he was at nebraska well

he's definitely not that guy Idk how to explain it 

But he's not that player he was in Lincoln anymore thats for sure.

He's showing waay more attitude and nastiness and selfishness than I've ever seen before and I've watched since high school.

His agents were telling us after it was all over and we were meeting and greeting 

That they've been constantly working on making him be decisive they seemed too be saying he just has so many options of things he Can do at a time he overthinks. 

And he's killed every private workout I guess.

Seems too me anyway they are not concerned as long as he's a top 40 pick as more as he goes too the right situation 

And well that agency usually gets what it wants I guess lol I wish him the best.

I really don't get the point in coming back to a whole group of people you don't know or a staff even besides gates who hasnt been here that long. And I doubt he sees much time in the g league if any. 

On 5/22/2019 at 2:05 AM, FredsSlacks said:

is it really that much different than petteway? both guys left after their junior year. both guys went to the combine. both guys were getting good feedback. most thought petteway was an early 2nd rounder which is what we're hearing about roby. 

Except Petteway was like 23 and as many mentioned, was only projected as a volume scorer with limitations. I think Roby’s potential as an NBA draft pick is much higher...

On 5/22/2019 at 2:05 AM, FredsSlacks said:

is it really that much different than petteway? both guys left after their junior year. both guys went to the combine. both guys were getting good feedback. most thought petteway was an early 2nd rounder which is what we're hearing about roby. 

I would say yes in the sense that Roby's ceiling is much higher than Petteway's.  Petteway was a scorer only in the sense of shot volume. Roby is a better shooter, at least when he is in confident mode, defender, rebounder, and passer. Petteway was a better ball handler and more confident in his game, at least while at UNL.  

As of right now anyway bucks only have 1 pick.

Last pick 1st round 

I was just watching something about Greek freak on fs1.

I'm not gonna even bother to spell the real name.

But how about he's not a late game guy or needing some help in late game situations or something along those lines and I immediately imagined him passing to Roby at the end of a game and roby nailing it?

Idk why

maybe I'm wrong and all

but it seems too me that over his time in Lincoln at the end of games or possessions when the shot clock is low and he just had no other option at all but to catch and shoot it

It seemed too me anyway that most of the time those went in.

And I swear I remeber hearing something on 1 of the game broadcasts this year about some last second 3 point drill or something in practice that he had some crazy #s with.

Plus I hear he shot lights out in Milwaukee better than anyone they've seen with his size at a workout in a few years. I'd imagine we hear something. 

Well obviously we will lol with the deadline and all but I bet he doesn't get past milwaukee in the 1st round. 

Edited by Gmaw

Things i feel like most pro teams like or will give a 1st round look to Roby.. 

His effort on defense or approach to team basketball isn't questionable, kid has the skills to get both Blocks and Steals and played out of position for basically 2.5 years, didnt cry and leave or complain he went out was conducted his business and embraced the situation. 

He is raw, but the foundation is there for his Offensive game to develop. His shot form is nice, and has a good foundation to build on with his Shot, and his handles can tighten.

He has high basketball IQ, and knows where the ball needs to go on Offense, and has a good understanding of help defense. If i'm Mil, SA, GSTATE or those teams mentioned above im thinking low floor i have a good rotational guy that can play defense and maybe hit a bucket or two, high ceiling we have a guy with the size and  tools to develop into a multiple tool player. I think he can get in the 1st round.... but if he falls to the 2nd someone is getting a steal. 

Edited by bobcat402

On 5/26/2019 at 5:09 PM, FredsSlacks said:

i noticed this too.

and looking very thin. not sure i understand the weight loss. his best chance to make it in the pros is to probably play stretch 4 around 230-240 pounds.

Gotta disagree he's already proven he can put the weight on if he needs too but he's even said he's not gonna be banging around in the post next level he just needs he just needs too get stronger.