Will Roby be back next year?

ZAYWHAT!

46 minutes ago, LK1 said:

Exactly.  Those guys are the most freakish of athletes in the league right now in many ways, and there’s only like 15 of them on the planet.  The most athletic specimens from the combine are absorbed into that group in the league.  

Roby’s athleticism was evident in the scrimmages I watched.  He was a cut above most of the 4s I saw as a pure athlete.  

He was athletically a cut above the other forwards in the scrimmage, as he should have been. Zion, Rui Hachimura, DeAndre Hunter, Nasir Little, Brandon Clarke, Sekou Doumbouya, PJ Washington, Jordan Nwora are the forwards with 1st round talent in this draft class and none of them participated. Regardless, Roby is athletic enough to play in the league. My original point was that he is not special athletically relative to the guys who play his position, and that teams want to see more from him. His current draft projections parallel that thought. 

One other thing that I cannot quantify, but believe to be true from my experiences betting on the draft.  The guys doing all of the mocks are not up to speed on the foreign projects as the GM's are.  It seems like there are always several more foreign players drafted, especially in the second round, than the mocks suggest there will be.  

Edited by royalfan

1 hour ago, royalfan said:

One other thing that I cannot quantify, but believe to be true from my experiences betting on the draft.  The guys doing all of the mocks are not up to speed on the foreign projects as the GM's are.  It seemly like there are always several more foreign players drafted, especially in the second round, than the mocks suggest there will be.  

Yeah, in the relatively recent past NBA teams have seemed to love to draft & stash the foreign prospects more often than drafting American players who have a lot of room to grow into a position such as a Roby-type. 

On ‎05‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, GoBigFred said:

1000X this. 

On that note, this is why I don't think him returning makes us this like instant Sweet 16 team. People seem to think we are an NIT team at best without him and a sure-fire tournament team with him. He might make us a few wins better but let's be real, he was not even All-Big Ten Honorable Mention, as a junior. 

How much of that was because of what he was being asked to do and the coach that was asking him to do it.    If Hoiberg is what we think he is, I think it's fair to expect a jump in production and consistency.

12 hours ago, millerhusker said:

He was athletically a cut above the other forwards in the scrimmage, as he should have been. Zion, Rui Hachimura, DeAndre Hunter, Nasir Little, Brandon Clarke, Sekou Doumbouya, PJ Washington, Jordan Nwora are the forwards with 1st round talent in this draft class and none of them participated. Regardless, Roby is athletic enough to play in the league. My original point was that he is not special athletically relative to the guys who play his position, and that teams want to see more from him. His current draft projections parallel that thought. 

Brandon Clarke participated and Roby was right there with him except Max Vertical.  To my understanding Roby did that drill after he scrimmaged

15 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

So you're sayin' there's a chance!

If you're trying to get a guarantee out of a team one chip you have is the option to go back and play another year. I don't think it's much of a chip, but it's a chip.

I'm actually at his pro day as we speak just watched popovich walk right past me.

Wasnt pop actually.

I'm not sure who that guy was it did look similar too him.

And the guy got out with a whole damn spurs entourage lol also saw that same guy pull Isaiah off to the side real quick as the players all walked through and shook hands saw Riley do the same to the kid from belmont lol.

There was waaaay to much to watch what was going on everywhere. The execs nearest too where we sat were the spurs mavs knicks nets grizzlies 6ers and golden state I tried to watch those guys mostly.

All in all just a big practice with a helluva lot of talent. 

It got pretty physical at times as well in the 3 on 3 drills. I'll share a link this weekend my friend that I went with used too train Isaiah in high school and said he would put one out for Robys pro day this weekend. 

Edited by Gmaw

4 hours ago, Gmaw said:

Brandon Clarke and roby best 2 out here as of now im giving slight edge to Clarke tho.

I thin Fernando is gonna break this rim 

How many guys are at pro day?   And all nba teams are there to watch?   How did Isaiah finish up?

Edited by ZAYWHAT!